Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Pace setter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 12:22 AM
Default Pace setter?

Im looking to put some headers and exhaust on my 99 EX, well im looking through a summit catolog and a brand called pace setter in there has really good deals. but i dont hear many civic enthuist talk about this brand so would any of you mind giving your opinion on this brand?

Old 03-29-2006, 12:32 AM
Default RE: Pace setter?

cousin had a couple of things from them, rusted within 3 months of use, during summer lol (maybe since we had a rainy summer lat year) HATE to say it but OBX seems imho outshines them.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:42 AM

Thanks man, like i said i dont know anyone with them so that made me nervice. So im going to look at another brand but im not sure what kind cause i do want something more aggresive sounding but i dont want that annoying loud that will **** off everyone, including myself! and i cant ask many people here in Albuquerque cause most civic's i see have pep boys brand exhaust and i dont want anything that to cheap. any suggestions on a good exhaust that well priced? Thanks for any info.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:16 AM
HCF Member

I had a pacesetter monza cat-back exhaust on an Accord. The black paint flaked off quickly and parts began to rust, but it didn't rust through. For the money, it's better than what you get at muffler shops. It installed with all hangers in the correct locations.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:51 PM

For the money yes they CAN be worth it. I got a book and the author bought PaceSetter header and the header was a 1/4 inch off the head. He had to weld it to fix the problem. Just shows you get what you pay for. DC sports is the favorite here.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:01 PM

pacesetters belong on a old rusted camero.....look into a good exhaust break the buck save for the good stuff. cat back apex, skunk 2 , anything but them

i have obx headers and there alright i have a real loud exhaust obx headers and apexn1 exhaust but i don't have a cat.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:25 AM

all I have to say is ... andysautosports.com !!! and check out the dc header!!