Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Please help exhaust pipe sizeing

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 07:40 PM
HCF Member
Default Please help exhaust pipe sizeing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, i have HKS 80mm High power muffler. on a B16a with Full Valvetrain/DC Stainless steel headers, ITR cams. So i went to go get it installed the other day and i have no resonator at the moment. yes i know its hella loud. but! i got 2.5 inch pipeing.

I CANNOT FIND 1 damn positive thing to my 2.5 inch pipeing.
the stock pipe with stock muffler felt faster. The exhaust makeing my car feal slower and i cannot even hear vtec nor feal it really.

Its like the car just was destroyed by this 2.5 inch pipeing and everyone on internet is saying "im so happy with my 2.5 inch pipeing."

The car is loud, annoying, feals slow. Im not a happy camper

my question is should i go to 2.25 inch pipeing and resonator?
What can i do to fix my car? im debateing to go back to stock muffler and pipe that i had for the stock motor in my car.

I read a whole thing on backpreasure
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum...ead.php?t=3064
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_pr...torquemyth.htm

Old 04-19-2010, 12:17 PM
HCF Member

Wow you mean to tell me iv been a member here for alittle over 2 years and i cant get a responce with 12 views?

i posted on H/T and i got a responce and im new to there.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:25 PM
HCF Member

according to my comp both of your links are bad

Old 04-20-2010, 04:15 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Honda-Tech has several thousand members and literally hundreds of them are online at any given time. On average, HCF has in the area of 7 members online and roughly 100 guests online at any given time; of course you're going to get replies faster at HT. You're also going to deal with some of the biggest honda fanboy douchenozzles on earth at HT.

In answer to your question, 2.5" piping is a little big for a naturally-aspirated honda. 2.25" would be a better option if you don't plan on boosting it. You could just go to an exhaust shop and have them fabricate a custom cat-back with 2.25" piping using the muffler you have now. And yes, a resonator would quiet things down at the very least.

Also, how long a member's been on the forum has no bearing on how quickly they'll get replies.