Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Questinos for 98 civic lx

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Default Questinos for 98 civic lx

I wanna convert my 98 civic Lx to Ex...but the problems are coming to my mind, I know I need a EX header and megnaflow CAT converter and a EX catback system, here come the questions:
(1) I have read some articles here I need to extend the second O2 sesor wires in oreder to fit in the right place.....could anyone tell me how to do it?(someone said I need to cut and splice and solder and that is it...but I still dont know how to do it..is there any info or links that could show how to do this?) Or the muffler shop would do it for me?
(2) I wanna get a Skunk 2 Cat Back system....but I noticed that skunk2 piping is 2.5"and the new header I bought on ebay said its inlet is 2" and outlet is 2.25" should I get 2.25" megnaflow CAT in oreder to fit the header?...if so, how can I fit skunk 2 since its piping is2.5"?
(3) The last one is the most important...I live in chicago.....could anyone please tell me where I can finda good muffler shop to take care of these questions for me........Thanks!

Old 09-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Default RE: Questinos for 98 civic lx

1. Get yourself some 18 guage wire from like autozone and when you have the new cat in, just measure, cut, rewire and sauter in what's neccesary. But, I don't have links on that.
2. Don't worry, it'll bolt up fine. But, I'd recommend 2.25 for NA and 2.5 for turbo and 3 for extreme setups on turbos.
3. Sorry, can't help you on that.