HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Ractive Fireball - Need your advice (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/ractive-fireball-need-your-advice-10910/)

jeffro 10-01-2005 01:19 PM

Ractive Fireball - Need your advice

Aright guys, I am in market for a new backbox for my 1.3 Civic hatch.

I dont want a uni-fit backbox as they are ****, so I've narrowed it down to the 'Ractive Fireball' backbox (muffler you might call it)

I am in the U.k but I hear that some U.S guys have them.

I know I'm not going to get any performance from it, so just wondering whats it sound like, as I might aswell get something that sounds good!

Cheers, Jeff.

fast93civic 10-01-2005 01:23 PM

RE: Ractive Fireball - Need your advice

do you car about the performance aspect at all, or just the sound?

fast93civic 10-01-2005 01:24 PM

care not car

jeffro 10-01-2005 01:26 PM

I care about the performance factor, but its my first car and its only a 1.3, with like 75 bhp standard.

That is why I'm not getting a full system, as for a 1.3 its simply not worth it really.

Can you answer my actual question?

uk civhead 10-01-2005 02:39 PM

Ive heard good things about ractive back boxes, there straight through and have tidy welds, also have a look at rage exhausts, similar type with a good sound and cheap enough if thats what want.should sound ok going on to stock piping.

dj_ipirate 10-01-2005 03:15 PM

your going to suffer big time from "farty muffler syndrome"

no matter how you slice it. but it would cut back greatly if you got a cat back rathrer than just a muffler

j_fukin_t 10-01-2005 07:50 PM

BIG TIME noise maker, go w/ a apexi n1 if your wanting something a lil louder

jhsplaya08 10-01-2005 10:43 PM

oh yea, i def. agree about the n1. only thing, the canaster's are HUGE!!

fast93civic 10-01-2005 11:35 PM

I care about the performance factor, but its my first car and its only a 1.3, with like 75 bhp standard.

That is why I'm not getting a full system, as for a 1.3 its simply not worth it really.
I dont know how it is in Great Britain, but here people get made fun of for having just a mufler aka fart can on their car. The thing is, is that you know you have only 70 HP, and by putting that muffler on, you're showing people you're trying to look or make your car sound fast. Thats rice,= not good. But honestly, if thats what you want, and if you're happy with it, thats all that counts at the end.

Nail I3unny 10-02-2005 11:12 AM

man...a car that came with a 1.3 that runs like 14s would be one hell of a sleeper