HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   is running catl-less safe? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/running-catl-less-safe-8812/)

civicexracer 08-12-2005 08:56 PM

is running catl-less safe?

i bought a Magnaflow exhaust and when i was taking out the old exhaust, the bolts on the cat were so damn rusted that i couldnt get them off, they were rusted round....so instead of spending a boat load of time trying to get the bolts of and everything, i just put the test pipe in insted. i have a 95 ex and it has about 160k miles on it and i was wondering, with a car with that high mileage, is it safe to be running catless?

thanks in advance

Nail I3unny 08-12-2005 09:35 PM

RE: is running catl-less safe?

safe? why not? smart? hell no. you will get ass raped because your exhaust is not catatonic. it will smell bad, look bad, and can possibly sound bad. everyone will be pissed at you. ok...maybe htats an exaggeration...but its not a good idea :P. and 160k isnt that much on a civic...civics are known for long term reliability. which is really funny because japanese drivers usually get a new car after 30k :P.

civicexracer 08-12-2005 09:44 PM

ya i actully dont really like running catless cuz its damn loud, set off a freakin car alarm today...and i dont want to fail emissions test either. i was just wondering if it would be safe to drive around untill i get a cat which would prolly be in a couple weeks..

Street Sniper 08-12-2005 09:45 PM

Safe for your car, but not for the ozone, Homes.

Nail I3unny 08-12-2005 09:47 PM

word

green98lxsedan 08-13-2005 11:03 AM

screw the ozone

ngoti 8tor 08-13-2005 11:14 AM

It'll be bad for the ozone, and after a few days, your entire car will blow apart into little pieces! (just kidding about the blowin up part)
It'll be safe for your car, nothin should happen except you'll have a stinky exhaust.

civicexracer 08-13-2005 12:56 PM

alright cool, thats wut i needed to know.

thanks guys

XCM828 08-13-2005 04:01 PM

My refrigerator is bad for the ozone.

US3R!!!11one 08-13-2005 05:20 PM

smart? hell no. you will get ass raped because your exhaust is not catatonic. it will smell bad, look bad, and can possibly sound bad. everyone will be pissed at you.
100% Bullchips. No car I own has a catalytic converter on it, and I can 100% guarantee you that any of my cars "Smell bad" "Look bad" (wtf? How does removing something on the underside of a car reduce looks?) and definately dont "sound bad". The only thing a cat does is run your exhaust through a system of carbon lining very slightly reducing emissions. Running without a cat converter will actually slightly improve your gas mileage.