HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   seafoam for my 2007 Honda civic EX (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/seafoam-my-2007-honda-civic-ex-88042/)

bubbe2005 03-18-2011 05:58 AM

seafoam for my 2007 Honda civic EX

Hello All;

Where is the intake on the 2007 Honda Civic EX???

Do you have a picture or link you can show me please?

I would like to test to put the seafoam in.

Please don't ask for my reasons on why I want to put seafoam on my 2007 Honda.

thanks all

AZipper 03-18-2011 07:59 AM

I know you don't want me to ask why.. but I put seafoam in my car.. and .. didn't not like the results..

bubbe2005 03-18-2011 09:23 AM

AZ;

did you follow the proper steps for seafoaming your car?

what were the results?

AZipper 03-18-2011 10:13 AM

Yes, I fed it through the intake and put some in the gas. As weird as it sounds, I think it is too strong for newer vehicles that may not have much buildup. For about.. 100 miles the car smelled horrible and I thought it was "cleansing" the system, but after that.. it just didn't seem to run the same. I know it has a good name and don't let one person ruin it for you.. but I'd definitely check reviews on how well it works for Hondas.. I only use BG Products in my car now. Had good experiences.. and they back their stuff.

MaximusFunk 03-18-2011 10:44 AM

I've seafoamed my car, and had barely noticeable results, however my car is 7 years older than yours. Having a 4 y/o car, i doubt you will notice any results at all.

When I used it, I put it in a clear water bottle(labeled so nobody drinks it) so I could see how much there was. Then I poured 1/3 in the low gas tank and filled it. next I sucked up 1/3 through the brake booster vacuum line until the car stalled(was a very easy way to do it). after waiting 20 min and then doing a few WOT runs till the smoke stopped, I added the last 1/3 to my oil, let the car run for about 5 min, then immediately did an oil change.

AZipper 03-18-2011 10:55 AM

I didn't do an oil change afterwards.. maybe that affected my results.. I did notice motor flush is nice (off subject but I've never tried that stuff before)

Akihrio 04-03-2011 05:08 PM

I seafoam my 97 ek and with great results. Words of warning to those thinking of doing it.

If you put it in your gas you may want to change your fuel filter AFTER you've used that tank. If you do it before you're just forcing all the **** into your new filter.

If you put it in your crank case(aka oil) it will clean everything but it's kind of like sanding something. All the $^&@ that comes off will now be in your oil and getting into everything so don't put it in there unless you're planning to change your oil within about 500km or 300miles.

When putting it through the engine take the line off of the brake booster (the big round black/painted rubber looking thing on the firewall) Start the car and poor slowly. You shouldn't need anyone to rev the engine if you poor slow enough and try not to kill it while doing this.

If you put it in through your intake make sure you buy the spray seafoam stuff and make sure it's not the seafoam penetrating oil type thing. If you buy the spray seafoam you loosen the intake and hook the straw around then attach the intake over top.

If you get the liqid stuff and want to put it through you intake which i don't reccomend be very careful as it is a liquid and like water you can hydrolock the engine so the brake booster or other vaccum tube is probably your best bet.

jai Sharma 05-26-2012 03:07 AM

I am confused to where the brake booster line is as well on the 2007 civic ex. anyone have any advice or pictures that may be able to help me. I am a nissan guy and this is my gf's civic and i havent the slightest clue to where its located. i am trying to seafoam it for her because she heard it did wonders. i know i know new car not really in need of sea foam but her whatever makes her happy and gets her off my ass. any help would be greatly appreciated

Chris Isiah Orozco Gonzalez 04-15-2014 07:01 PM

I wish there was a diagram for this stuff. I plan to do the same to my girlfriend's car because it idles pretty rough. I've done the full, basic tune up (change oil and filter, checking hose lines, gas treatment, sparks, air filters, and radiator flush) I cant really think of what would cause it and it is a lot more noticeable when the ac kicks in. Is seafoam the best idea?

itburnswhenIP 04-16-2014 07:03 PM

rough idle could be many things i seriously doubt seafoam wil do jack. clean the IACV and check for vacuum leaks before wasting money on snake oil.