Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Short Ram & Cold Air

Old 06-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Default Short Ram & Cold Air

I was talking to some friends about how my car needed more go, and i told them part of my plan was to get a cai. They suggested that i get a short ram instead. Couple questions, They said the short ram would produce more torque, is that true? What are the advantages to having a cai over a short ram and vice versa? Also are the intakes transmisson sensitive? Anything helps

Old 06-20-2005, 12:40 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Short Ram & Cold Air

Also are the intakes transmisson sensitive?
Nope. In regards to auto or manual.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:49 AM

ok

Old 06-20-2005, 04:01 AM

i personally like ram air for during the day when it's hot out b/c either way your going to be getting in warmer air, but cai is close to the ground and (here in alabama) the ground gets really hot. but at night i'd prefer cai, or if you're just in a cooler climate, because colder air provides much better performance for your car......that's just my 2 cents

Old 06-20-2005, 04:10 AM

I have a Short Ram Air, from my experience it has more power off the line in the lower RPM's. CAI has more power towards the higher RPM's, it kicks in more once your racing or flooring it if you want high top end speed i'd go with CAI, if you want to beat people off the line I'd go with a Ram Air. That's my experience thus far, anyone agree or disagree? Hope that helps man.

Old 06-20-2005, 04:11 AM

oh i also forgot to say ram air is easier to install because you don't have to take off the front bumper, if your doing CAI im pretty sure the front bumper has to come off...

Old 06-20-2005, 12:41 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: corye03

I have a Short Ram Air, from my experience it has more power off the line in the lower RPM's.
yeah...thats the torque gains speakin.

the CAI will increce your gas mileage, help your engine run cooler, and give you more HP. on the other end of it, the Ram intake is cheaper, gives you more of a torque gain, and is easier to install. i guess its up to prefrence

a good idea would be to get an Injen Short Ram intake (or at least theres a certain kind). they sell a coupler and an extension pipe so you can turn it into a CAI or back into a Short Ram in under a minute. its fool proof

Old 06-20-2005, 03:29 PM

Really i didnt know about that injen one. But there are a lot of downsides to a cold air, like if you get water in it itll mess up. Does that happen to short ram?

Old 06-20-2005, 03:58 PM
HCF Member

Dude, with the roads so bad down here and how much it rains/floods, I would go with the short ram. I don't like having a reverse snorkel so close to the street. I have one sitting in my garage though if you want one for cheap.

Old 06-20-2005, 04:30 PM
HCF Member

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_67220/tm.htm

view my thoughts on the very bottom

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Short Ram & Cold Air