Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Skunk 2 or half custom?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:41 AM
HCF Member
Default Skunk 2 or half custom?

I'm still fighting myself on exhaust, theres so many choices/combinations. I can get a deal on a skunk2 catback for my car, not sure wether or not to get the R or the S though, whats the difference? And Also I was thinking of doing a custom, wich would be either something like an apex i n1 muffler with stock pipeing and a magnaflow resonator, or maybe, a twinloop with out a resonator? (not quite sure how that would sound) I'm looking for a deep, not too loud but not too quiet tone, but I think The twin loop is just a little too quiet for me, though it sounds great. So any sugestions would be great guys.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Default RE: Skunk 2 or half custom?

deffinatly skunk2, i have it and i love it. it sounds dope too. i have the skunk2 mega power (70mm) catback, and it roars. go to rms-usa.com call them up and they'll sell you the full exhaust for $430-450 shipped.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

Yeah thats a little steep. I think I can get it cheaper from a local store. (keyword "think") lol. If i can't get it cheap though do you think the other options I thought of would sound nice?

Old 09-11-2007, 06:23 PM

going cudstom isnt bad, plus you could make it all one long pipe with no real bends or places where a factory catback breaks off at. (where you need to connect the differnent pieces.) you'd have a good flow, just make sure if you go custom you get it 2.25" to 2.5". i dont think you;d need to go much bigger then that unless your planning on slappping on a turbo or some other TIHS... let me know wut you decide to do. i personally was thinking about going custom but it's kinda alot of work. so i saved up the money and jacked up the car one night and threw it on in about 50mins to an hour.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:45 PM
HCF Member

custom isn't a lot of work, because your not the one doing it lol. your money is XD

also, you are SO LUCKY you have an 07.... if i was to try taking the bolts on my civic, it'd be soooo much longer than 50 min lol

Old 09-12-2007, 05:31 AM
HCF Member

Yeah I totally see that coming. I know to do this myself its going to take hours to not break the bolts.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:40 AM

oh the bolts were hard to undo, plus there were weird ends on them. it went from the bolt to this weird thing that holds the bolt, not a nut... i was underthere basically shalking the whole car. i'm pretty big and strong, go to the gym daily for the last 4 years, and i was having some diffculties. the hardest part i think was not cracking the bolts, but ripping the stock parts off their hangers... the hangers had bulbs on the end and were rediculous to pull off. putting the new parts on were easy, they just slid right on the hanger holders??? i think thats what you call them. lol.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:10 AM
HCF Member

i he ard Skunk2 on a Prelude the other day and it sounded really really good. I say if you can get a deal on it, go for it for sure.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:30 AM
HCF Member

I see skunk2 exhausts on ebay for $435.00 with free shipping, ahhhhhhh I want it so bad. 2 more weeks and it will be mine!

Old 09-16-2007, 09:55 AM
HCF Member

Quick Reply: Skunk 2 or half custom?