HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Throttle body spacer???? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/throttle-body-spacer-10851/)

nahatch 09-29-2005 09:10 PM

Throttle body spacer????

So first off, whats up , yes im new. glad to be here. Well i was wondering which throttle body spacer gives you the turbo spool sound. Call me a ricer or whatever, but its just for fun, in no means am i trying to race this car, seeing its my daily driver and i could care alot less about it then my hatch (but i want to confuse people, lol). I dont ever normally even look at any of these damn rice mods (wings,ecu chip from ebay, air intake blower etc) but i just want the noise from the tb spacer i heard from this diesel truck. He said he was non turbo and the helix mad the sound. So i really dont care, flame me if you want, but give me what you think or if you know of someone that has one on a civic and which one makes the spooling sound? Obx? air raid? helix? let me know, im thinkin helix, worst comes worst i wont buy it and sell my civic and go turbo in my hatch.

yes i am a ricer now, lol

any help is greatly appreciated

Street Sniper 09-29-2005 09:57 PM

RE: Throttle body spacer????

Welcome to the forum, man. Maybe we can beat some of that ricer out of you. I keed, I keed.

I think you should be good with any of those TB spacers. As far as I know they all claim to have that "swirling" effect or helix bore, whichever you prefer. One thing about a spacer is that it can actually give you small gains, so I wouldn't consider it rice, whistle or not.

ngoti 8tor 09-29-2005 10:07 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

The throttle body spacer won't give you much of a gain, but it is supposed to help your engine burn the fuel more efficiently by swirling the mixture.

Ever thought of buying one of the exhaust whistles? You just simply screw it into your exhaust pipe and it whistles. Everyone will think you just turboed your engine, and you'll be pickin up chicks like crazy. So many chicks that you'll probably be beatin them off of your car! It happened to a friend of a friend of my friend's friend.

j_fukin_t 09-29-2005 10:50 PM

you know i've never really looked but what exactly does a t/b/s do or what would it add to my b16??

Street Sniper 09-29-2005 11:12 PM

Not to be argumentitive, Negotiator, but "swirling" the air only burns the fuel less efficiently, but I know you are just quoting thier claims. You see, by swirling or increasing turbulence, it just makes the atomized fuel combine into larger, less efficently burned globules. Besides, by the time your intake charge gets to where the injectors are, I seriously doubt it still in a neat little spiral of spinning air.

The benefit from a spacer comes from effectively increasing the volume of your intake manifold plenum and cooling the incoming air a bit.

nahatch 09-29-2005 11:18 PM

hey thanks for the nice welcoming my fellow honda owners, yea, im really surprised that i ddint get any flames, but either way thanks for the replies, i just want to know which one makes the swirling spooling noise, from what people told me before only one of the several tbs's only make the noise im looking for, lol yea i cant wait to get the hoes man, f the hatch ill just dip the daily driver and pimp hoes hahha. yea but i hope i can find out soon, i got some funds in my paypal and want to buy my rice cus my car is hungry lol.

thanks again
and hope to talk to you guys lataR

fast93civic 09-29-2005 11:40 PM

Ever thought of buying one of the exhaust whistles? You just simply screw it into your exhaust pipe and it whistles. Everyone will think you just turboed your engine, and you'll be pickin up chicks like crazy. So many chicks that you'll probably be beatin them off of your car! It happened to a friend of a friend of my friend's friend.
well, until they find out its fake, then you'll be heart broken.