Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Default What to do?

Hey,
I have a 1997 civic cx hatch (auto), what can I do to improve the performance?

Old 03-15-2008, 07:17 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What to do?

Well, for one.. You're posting in the I/H/E thread, maybe you should check out the stickied threads first? Thats kind of a rudendent questions.. There are plenty of things you can do. Swap, I/H/E, Turbo, NOS, and the list goes on.

And I wouldn't mod a auto, its just not worth it..

Old 03-15-2008, 07:36 PM

That was the next ?, is it even worth putting a intake and exhaust on an auto?
thx.........

Old 03-15-2008, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

Yeah.. Honestly, not many people like to tune or turbo an automatic. My friend had a Cobalt SS, and he was all "Dude, i'm gonna put an exhaust and intake on my car." and everything, and when I rode and drove it, I didn't even feel any power difference, other than the difference in the sound it made, but thats just from my experience. So I thought it was a waste of money, and if you plan on getting parts, don't cheap out, like on a ebay intake or anything. Its just not worth it.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:45 PM

Yeah my 98 ex auto has an intake not a cheapo one but it didnt do much just sounds deeper i was thinking of an exaughts but do think i need it till the tranny swap

Old 03-15-2008, 10:36 PM

I think it's worth it to mod an auto. Modding of any sort is just fun, and that still applies to an auto. And, hey, who says that putting things on your car won't add to the performance.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:10 AM

I'm gonna end up doing something to it anyways. It's in damn good condition and runs perfect so I think it would be a shame not to improve on it.... Besides, sometimes a little mod mixed with a good driver can do wonders.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:58 AM

I'd pop in a short ram, that's all i've got in mine so far. obviously there's no drastic performance change, but it looks and sounds good, it's fun and easy to put in by yourself, and even for a good brand like aem it wouldn't be very expensive. it's a pretty good first mod.

whatever you're into though just make sure you do your homework!

Old 03-16-2008, 11:15 AM
HCF Member

i have an auto, (yah got the car before i learn to drive manuel) but anyways i believe its worth tuning it. I love adding extra performance and to tell you the truth after my current mods of custam cat-back and aem v2 intake oppose to my stock it does run better and you can feel the difference. The intake at 4rpm jumps up a little faster and so forth. So my next mod is to get a header and complete the performance of my car. So yeah it does add a lil more performance and it makes the car sound nice. So as an auto owner myself its really worth your time and once you get started you wont stop. You'll be planning the next 15 mods you wanna do lol.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:34 PM
HCF Member

I did the CAI and exhaust and yes, the engine revs faster at the upper end. Keep in mind that the increase in horsepower happens between 4000 - 6000+ rpm, so that's when you see and feel the difference.