Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

What do i need to get/remove for headers, intake, exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Default What do i need to get/remove for headers, intake, exhaust?

First of all, how do i know which type of headers to get and how many (like 4 to what)? second, do i need to remove anything to put them on? Also, what are all these cheap exhaust system brands on ebay, like fireball, and greddy knockoffs? what is put into the exhaust systems besides just piping, because i can make one myself if i just buy a muffler cant i? and finally, how do the different cold air intakes compare. i mean, i know which brands are good, im just really not sure what the difference between them is. and, would i need to remove anything to put that in? in case you didnt notice, i have a 2000 lx. its an automatic sedan...i know, but its what i have access to right now since it is my moms. thanks a bunch guys.

Old 10-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Default RE: What do i need to get/remove for headers, intake, exhaust?

OBX and DC-sports have some of the best headers for civics and they usually come in a two design and they are a 4-2-1 header. To put them on you need to take off you exhaust manifold and gasket and replace the gasket with the one you should get with your new header. then put the header in place of the manifold. The ebay exhaust systems from what i heard are ok. But you get what you pay for, i bought JIC Magic titanium exhaust on ebay that was pretty expensive and it works great. You could make you own system but you need a method of bending the piping to fit underneath your car. I have an AEM CIA and it works pretty good but with intake you are going to see a night and day difference but aem is the best, a little pricey but its the best Good luck