HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   What the hell? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/what-hell-36942/)

Fiirkan 01-28-2007 11:46 AM

What the hell?

Ok so i have an exhaust leak right now. and it is right before the muffler. now the pipe is pretty much shot. but for some reason it feels like have a little more power in midrange[sm=wtf.gif] now the only thing i can think of is that there is less restriction from the muffler... but is this even possible... i mean it very well could be all in my head... but i thought it was funny.. anyone have input on it feel free..

Man does it sound ricey too. Catless exhaust with a leak... oh and the baffles in the muffler are shot too so it doesn't help either lol

Tater 01-28-2007 12:18 PM

RE: What the hell?

yes running catless will give you about a 1-3 hp gain. but not recomended. because no 02 sensor

Fiirkan 01-28-2007 12:20 PM

Ahh i don't think my cat had an O2 sensor, cause i have never had a CEL. and have not had a cat for over a year

my05civic 01-28-2007 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Tater

yes running catless will give you about a 1-3 hp gain. but not recomended. because no 02 sensor
where in the world did you get that asinine statistic???

Misha 01-28-2007 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

Ok so i have an exhaust leak right now. and it is right before the muffler. now the pipe is pretty much shot. but for some reason it feels like have a little more power in midrange[sm=wtf.gif] now the only thing i can think of is that there is less restriction from the muffler... but is this even possible... i mean it very well could be all in my head... but i thought it was funny.. anyone have input on it feel free..

Man does it sound ricey too. Catless exhaust with a leak... oh and the baffles in the muffler are shot too so it doesn't help either lol
Ricer's dream LOL. Your car just sounds like it'shaving more power[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Fiirkan 01-28-2007 03:49 PM

then explain the 6 foot strip of rubber i left when leaving the gas station this morning... lol i dunno it just seemed wierd. lol i know it would be a ricer dream come true lol. still sounds like complete ass though.. i will try and get a sound clip for all you do hear.

Misha 01-28-2007 03:56 PM

Strip of rubber? Guess your tires are falling apart, too [sm=happybounce.gif]

Fiirkan 01-28-2007 04:00 PM

Misha your a ****ing wanker...lol

Misha 01-28-2007 04:08 PM

I'm just trying to emulate you [8D]

StifflersMom 01-28-2007 05:12 PM

What a ricer:-D Tim, it's in your head...and the strip on the ground...your tires are going bold:-D