Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

What is a ricer/fart can?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:33 AM
HCF Member
Default What is a ricer/fart can?

as the topic says, what in your opinion is a ricer/fart can?

to me:

ricer --> [look at IceAeon, i agree with him] http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1809364 [again, that's IceAeon]

fart can --> doesn't exist

Old 11-14-2006, 07:31 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: What is a ricer/fart can?

Fart can = is a 4"+ exhaust tip that sound like ****. Typically it is not part of a cat-back system, but rather an axleback (or even just the muffler) which is welded on strictly for the "cool sound."

Old 11-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Rice burner
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Ricer)
Jump to: navigation, search

A "riced" Dodge Neon, including clear taillights, an overly large spoiler, missing paint on the rear bumper, and showing neglect to keep the stock body clean.
A riced Ford Mustang, including a large nonfunctional hoodscoop, badly damaged bodykit, altezza-style clear tail lights, large aftermarket spoiler and vents in the fenders; proving that any car regardless of make & model can be "riced."Rice burner is a pejorative used initially to describe Asian-made—specifically Japanese-made—motorcycles and automobiles. Many variations have also been used, such as rice rocket for Japanese sport bikes.

More contemporary use of the term rice burner, along with the prefix rice, has taken on an alternate pejorative meaning for an automobile that has been modified to give impression of high performance, but does not necessarily have any high-performance capabilities. This practice is in contrast to the "stealth" or "sleeper" style of automotive modification, where a vehicle may have major performance modifications, but the appearance remains similar to that of a stock model. In this manner, the appellation can apply to any vehicle regardless of country of origin. The most commonly modified cars are sport compacts, but the term can apply to any class of vehicle, including trucks.

In some circles, or even entire regions of the U.S., the term rice car is used exclusively to describe Asian-made vehicles, modified or not. However, as more types of cars began being used as a platform for modification, including German and American-made cars, use of the term rice is no longer restricted to Asian-made vehicles.

-Wikipedia

Old 11-14-2006, 12:27 PM

ya like?

Old 11-14-2006, 01:07 PM

LMAO that was a good laugh. That had everybody in my office laughing.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Fart can = is a 4"+ exhaust tip that sound like ****. Typically it is not part of a cat-back system, but rather an axleback (or even just the muffler) which is welded on strictly for the "cool sound."
I agree with Forty...the fart can is a universal muffler welded onto the stock exhaust system in place of the OEM unit. However, the tip doesn't necessarily have to be extremely large, though it most likely will be larger than stock. Often theses mufflers are installed by a local oil/lube/exhaust/tire shop when the "ricer" in question asks to have dual exhausts.

Old 11-14-2006, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

wait so is this rice??? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/N1-CA...48937951QQrdZ1

every catback that i look at that is affordable has a 4" tip..............

Old 11-14-2006, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

^ honestly that will sound like ****, and wil get worse everyday that you drive with it. at the very least spend another $125-$150 and get an actual one, or get one made

Old 11-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: R35P3KT

wait so is this rice??? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/N1-CA...48937951QQrdZ1

every catback that i look at that is affordable has a 4" tip..............
A good cat-back is going to run you $300+ (new), period. You get what you pay for.

And, I should retract my previous statement, because my exhuast has a 4" tip. However, due to the quality craftsman ship and r&d that went into it's design, it doesn't sound like an angry bee in a can. When I was running N/A it was a bit loud, but still a deep low tone rather than the high pitched RICER sound. Now that I'm boosted, it sounds ****ing sick, Almost sounds stock when I'm cruising, but when I get into boost it sounds like a higher end sports car, no joke.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:00 PM
HCF Member

oh damnit well i dont have 300$ to put independently into an upgrade like an exhaust.......i just hate my 1 inch rusted tip and that it has no tone. I refuse to get a tip...thats jus pathetic, every1 says just getting a muffler is rice....so i thought that catback would meet all the requirements....but if ill b labeled rice for getting it, i guess ill jus stay stock : ( lol

Quick Reply: What is a ricer/fart can?