Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

whats a good header

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Default whats a good header

i got a 94 d16z6 and i race it on dirt track,,i need alittle more horsepower,is there any difference about the obx header,,the megan racing header,,and the ebay ones,does any give you more hp then others

Old 12-19-2010, 08:18 AM
HCF Member

honestly in my opionion theres not much difference personally pass on either one and go with a DC header

Old 12-28-2010, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

I use a no name, ebay most likely 4-2-1 header on my B18B1 and it makes good power. I know because of my dynos and tuning. I paid under $50 for it. I have also ordered Option Racing headers and I like them, good quality and they make power. Fitment is not always 100%, I had to remove my header bracket did not line up. If you have the money DC and Greddy are great. Megan Racing is good and is cheaper that DC. I have seen many OBX headers crack and some lower quality ebay ones as well.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:20 PM
HCF Member
Old 12-29-2010, 05:39 PM
HCF Member

RMF Bisimoto KidRacing...a few only worth spending the money on.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:46 PM
HCF Member

Bisimoto headers are awesome but $$$

Old 01-01-2011, 04:55 AM
HCF Member

well if you look t the cash to power ratio bisi headers are it's actually really good.
I mean this garbage crap like megan racing DC sports ebay all that is garbage. I know some of you will argue with me on them but they truly are crap headers. You don't gain much of ANYTHING from them and the DC header is like 300-400bucks. F-that. Spend twice the money and get something that will last forever and that will gain REAL power...tuned or un-tuned. Me personally Id rather run OEM header than waste money on thos headers. The 300bucks can buy you better mods that will gain you more than 2hp.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:33 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by flcb7
well if you look t the cash to power ratio bisi headers are it's actually really good.
I mean this garbage crap like megan racing DC sports ebay all that is garbage. I know some of you will argue with me on them but they truly are crap headers. You don't gain much of ANYTHING from them and the DC header is like 300-400bucks. F-that. Spend twice the money and get something that will last forever and that will gain REAL power...tuned or un-tuned. Me personally Id rather run OEM header than waste money on thos headers. The 300bucks can buy you better mods that will gain you more than 2hp.
DC headers not crap i am not sure were you get your information from but i can asure you that they are worth the money so please get facts before slamming some brand names

Old 01-01-2011, 08:56 AM
HCF Member
Thumbs up

Is spending 300-400bucks worth 2hp gain? No it's sure not. Get cam(s) regrind for half that price and gain more power. But hey I know there was someone who would argue with me. lol
Iv owned a pair of DC sport header on my h22...gained 1.5hp woohwoo such a great header. Sold it went back to OEM and got cams and gears bored TB for the same price and more power.

So I don't just claim to know they aren’t worth the money. I know from experience.

edit* ohh yeah and the 40bucks I had left over I bought the stuff for a port on my manifold

Last edited by flcb7; 01-01-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:06 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by flcb7
Is spending 300-400bucks worth 2hp gain? No it's sure not. Get cam(s) regrind for half that price and gain more power. But hey I know there was someone who would argue with me. lol
Iv owned a pair of DC sport header on my h22...gained 1.5hp woohwoo such a great header. Sold it went back to OEM and got cams and gears bored TB for the same price and more power.

So I don't just claim to know they aren’t worth the money. I know from experience.

edit* ohh yeah and the 40bucks I had left over I bought the stuff for a port on my manifold
well thats funny cause i had a DC header on my 1997 prelude and it has a H22 and i have papers to prove it gained more then 2 hp so you can says what you want but DC is a good brand and worth every dollar you pay for it

Quick Reply: whats a good header