HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Will i get the same performance???? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/will-i-get-same-performance-26291/)

HaZe89 07-29-2006 04:16 PM

Will i get the same performance????

Hey guys im about to install headers and possibli a cat back cause my rasonator and cat back connection is broken and my car is really really loud. Well i was looking on ebay the high flow cat from 5 buck to around 400 buck as well as the headers from 5 buck to 300 buck...........well since they both expensive and cheap have the same dimension... will i get the same performance installing the cheaper ones instead of the expensive???? im i paying for like the DC or Megan name?????

pWnEdU 07-29-2006 04:31 PM

RE: Will i get the same performance????

You get what you pay for. Durability and fitment will suffer with the cheap stuff.

devney 07-29-2006 07:22 PM

Just get the megan. $150 and good reviews. And for everyone who wants to correct me with "mugen" there is a megan also. Also its header (1) not headers on a civic.

pWnEdU 07-29-2006 08:40 PM

It seems like the megan is the next best thing for those who don't want to dump a bunch of cash into their cars.

Fiirkan 07-29-2006 10:35 PM

From what i hear Megan makes some pretty good stuff. quality products at a quality price

HaZe89 07-30-2006 11:01 AM

Yeah i know about the megan... well the point is that in ebay there some at like 40to 80 buck and some guy tell me tht he personally seen both and the only differenceis that hte megan has a serial number that makes it genuine, the cheaper has nothing but is the exact smae thing as the megan

4doorturbo 07-30-2006 12:18 PM

like pWnEdU said you get what you paid for. one of my friends ordered a cheap one off there and the fitment was just a little off. but you never know you might get one that lines up perfect. my advice is buy the spend the money on the megan. its cheap and ive heard there great quality.

Nail I3unny 07-30-2006 01:42 PM

if you cheap out and get a $5 'hi flow cat' i wil slit your throat. hi flow cats cost a lot of money for a reason...theyre damn near impossible to design right. magnaflow will be your cheapest one at 60-80 bucks.

pWnEdU 07-30-2006 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

i wil slit your throat.
Tell us how you really feel, really, don't hold back.

BillyB98 07-30-2006 03:10 PM

dont buy a $5 header off ebay cuz youll regret it. Either it wont fit or it wont last as long. Ive found megan headers for $130 on sites its just a matter of finding them. Try andysautosport.com