HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Inside and Out (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/)
-   -   aftermarket cluster faces need help wiring (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/aftermarket-cluster-faces-need-help-wiring-28422/)

apexi_89 09-04-2006 03:47 PM

aftermarket cluster faces need help wiring

ok so i bought some aftermarket faces for my eg..................i have them in but i didn't wire it up because it came with a black wire and red wire.......where do i splice these wires at????? im figuring that the black one is a ground and the red one gets spliced into something..............would someone please help me......

mill$civic 09-04-2006 04:49 PM

RE: aftermarket cluster faces need help wiring

black is ground and red it power, you can splice it into a 12V source..like your factory lights

apexi_89 09-04-2006 05:34 PM

well what about the cig lighter? cause i tried that and i got the red one spliced but i can't get the ground to work....can u splice into a ground wire? like connect the ground to another ground wire and solder that?

theonecalledtodd 09-04-2006 07:41 PM

that should work, or find a bolt in the chasis somewhere around there and bolt it down to that (pretty much any bare metal surface would work)

mill$civic 09-04-2006 07:42 PM

you dont need to make 2 threads. You dont need to splice the ground to another one, just find a bolt somewere (there are tuns) that goes into metal and loosen it a bit and stick the ground wire under that

apexi_89 09-04-2006 07:43 PM

im trying it but its still day light so i can't tell if its working lol......................other people have said to splice the power one into ur head light switch and find a ground............i just dont wanna mess it up because with the cig lighter i can live with out it lol

mill$civic 09-04-2006 08:04 PM

well..the ground, theres no way to mess that up, its just needs to go to a piece of metal on your car, and the power wire..just splicing it into cig power wire wont mess anything up, i never use my cig lighter, but does the car have to be on acc for it to work? if yes..then its the same thing for your lights, it needs to be on acc to work

4door 09-04-2006 08:33 PM

i made my easy and hooked it to the dimer wire on my aftermarket radio

addiction2bass 09-05-2006 01:26 PM

the what.............. OMG

the dimmer wire coming outta the radio or what? best place to wire it up at is your parking light wire.

that is the only place you need to wire in the power to!
if you wire it up to the ignition then it will burn out alot quicker... cause lets face it it will be on ALL THE TIME with the car cutings its life to about 1/3rd the usual life...