Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

GAUGE LIGHING?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:41 AM
HCF Member
Default GAUGE LIGHING?

i have a 98 civic ex and i dont want to change the black background on my gauges..i like it stock...but at night when i turn my lights on my numbers light up white...well i want to light them up red or blue? im not sure yet....but if i were to do that i would like to know how to start my installaion AND what type bulbs would i use? thanks for any responses

Old 11-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: GAUGE LIGHING?

quick and easy led bulb replacement will SUCK.....
go custom

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_433337/tm.htm

Old 11-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Super Cereal Admin

this is the easiest way. And oznium.com ftw!

*edit: whoops... addiction beat me to it... that's what I get for taking my good old time with getting the link lmao

Old 11-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LMFAO.... i knew where it was... hahahha ill be doing my 94civic the same way preaty soon. should be the same setup.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:21 PM

Old thread, new question.
Replacing the four or five main gauge lights is not difficult. But the Honda repair manual says that there are also two tiny bulbs at the top of the instrument cluster. You have to replace those if you want to see the needles. My mechanic did this, with regular bulbs. I want to replace them with LEDs. Can anyone el me how to do this? Correct bulb numbers? Old thread, new question.
Replacing the four or five main gauge lights is not difficult. But the Honda repair manual says that there are also two tiny bulbs at the top of the instrument cluster. You have to replace those if you want to see the needles. My mechanic did this, with regular bulbs. I want to replace them with LEDs. Can anyone el me how to do this? Correct bulb numbers?

Old thread, new question.
Replacing the four or five main gauge lights is not difficult. But the Honda repair manual says that there are also two tiny bulbs at the top of the instrument cluster. You have to replace those if you want to see the needles. My mechanic did this, with regular bulbs. I want to replace them with LEDs. Can anyone el me how to do this? Correct bulb numbers?Old thread, new question.
Replacing the four or five main gauge lights is not difficult. But the Honda repair manual says that there are also two tiny bulbs at the top of the instrument cluster. You have to replace those if you want to see the needles. My mechanic did this, with regular bulbs. I want to replace them with LEDs. Can anyone el me how to do this? Correct bulb numbers?