HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Inside and Out (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/)
-   -   Foggy Headlights (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/foggy-headlights-42543/)

sandrider123 04-18-2007 10:29 PM

Foggy Headlights

Now I know there is like 1,000 posts on this subject. But this is not a how do i unfog them post. Today I was in at the stealership today and they had this thing called plastic headlight cleaner. It has 8$ and guess what it actually worked and it worked damn well. I suggest yall to try it out next time you end up at the stealership if they have it, I will have pictures tomorrow.

Forty04 04-19-2007 07:13 AM

RE: Foggy Headlights

No kidding? I may have to hit the stealership on my way home today :D

FlipHKD720 04-19-2007 07:33 AM

thanks for the info, my stock headlights are fogged beyond belief, might have to look into that if i'm ever gonna swtich back :)

GReddy_Civic 04-19-2007 02:15 PM

hey flip, my headlights fogged up when i get them. there was a leak around one of thehead lights, just seal it up with some silicone and let theheat of the lights dry it out, theyll be good as new. its what i did and they dont ever get foggy anymore

gin0o0o 04-19-2007 02:52 PM

Heres another way to unfog headlights. Get some of that silica gel packets that you get when you buy new shoes. Put it in the headlights and it should remove the mositure buildup inside of it. Then silicon when all the moisure is out.

jonyg98civicex 04-19-2007 04:12 PM

so i go to the honda dealership and ask for "plastic headlight cleaner" or is their another name for it?

FlipHKD720 04-19-2007 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: GReddy_Civic

hey flip, my headlights fogged up when i get them. there was a leak around one of thehead lights, just seal it up with some silicone and let theheat of the lights dry it out, theyll be good as new. its what i did and they dont ever get foggy anymore

well i've got projectors now which i sealed up good with silicone before i installed themso i dont really need to worry about the old headlights, but thanks anyway :)

Eun 04-19-2007 05:44 PM

oh yes definitely gonna check out the stealership this week for that.

ScoobyAddict14 04-19-2007 06:17 PM

are you all talking about the inside of the outside of the headlight? if its the outside you can just use meguirs product on the outside and buff it out.

sandrider123 04-19-2007 10:20 PM

Sorry yall, I got home to late to take a pic tomorrow I promise, but yeah you just put it on the outside. Yeah I am sure there are other ways to defog them I have tried other products but they didnt last this one is specifically made for it. Therefore we will see. And yes its just called plastic head light cleaner its made by turbo shine. they have a website to turboshine@frys.com