Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Help identifying plastic interior part

Old 12-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Question Help identifying plastic interior part

Hello all its me how are you doing?

I have a Honda civic 08 coupe, just replaced the side mirror ( for the second time, love nyc) and this time when I was removing the plastic cap on the interior of the car, opposite mirror, that allows you to access the screws and replace the mirror. That plastic cap snapped for one reason or another, and I would like to replace it as now the electric is exposed and it looks like ****. I don't know what to even call this plastic cap nor how to reference it online to buy one, I stay away from dealers because well they are dealers.

Also as I am posting a thread I'll ask my other question, if I lost the key with the alarm remote built in, to my car and only have the grey valet left how can I get the key and how much will it be around? From using the valet key to enter the car, it has worn out the key hole and will not engage, now I have to leave my car unlocked, not good. But it works in the starter no problem.

Thank you very much for your time

Me

Old 12-12-2014, 02:13 PM
HCF Member

i believe the part your looking for is called a sail panel or garnash panel #7-12 here Honda Automotive Parts as for the key cost varies dealer to dealer so shop around. usually the key itself cost $30-60 dollars the cutting is another $20 then the re-programming cost $50-$100 dollars but like i said it varies. also that website is reputable i get all my OEM parts from them there also located on the east coast but there shipping cost is a little over priced so if you need other parts get them in one bulk order.

Last edited by itburnswhenIP; 12-12-2014 at 02:34 PM.