HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Inside and Out (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/)
-   -   Light bulbs that rock! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/light-bulbs-rock-30454/)

kremmily 10-09-2006 12:01 PM

Light bulbs that rock!

Hello everybody! I'm looking for a pair of nice (maybe the blue ones) light bulbs (front ones). What brand should i get? I bought a pair for my other car on ebay, but they went bad after a month (both). What do you guys sujest i should get? Is Silvania good enough?

Thank you for your help!

Fiirkan 10-09-2006 03:10 PM

RE: Light bulbs that rock!

Sylvania bulbs aren't that bad, but if you want real good light output, and that nice blue tint to it, then you will be forking upwards of $300 for a set of HID's like BMW's and Benz's have

x2100 10-09-2006 03:54 PM

I have Sylvania Silverstar. They're not too bad. I have them for about a year and still working fine.
Just make sure there's no grease, such as finger prints, on the bulbs when you install them or it will go bad.
HID is an option, but very expensive

kremmily 10-09-2006 04:32 PM

I'll go for Silvania then guys. I think is the best i can do. I don't wanna spend 300 on lights!

Thanks!

phishy 10-09-2006 07:27 PM

I seem to have the same problem as you, at least one of my bulbs goes bad after a month or 2 and I always make sure to not touch the bulb :) Its only like 10$ on ebay for a pair though so it hasn't bothered me to much yet ;P

addiction2bass 10-09-2006 07:30 PM

i always wear some cloth gloves when changing bulbs...... dont open the package until you got the gloves ON and the factory lights out...
ive only had problems with one set of cheap headlights with one going bad and i know i touched that bulb...LOL

phishy 10-09-2006 07:37 PM

haha I will try that next time, I should be getting a new set of bulbs by friday I already ordered em off ebay :P

FlipHKD720 10-09-2006 08:13 PM

seriously the Ebay Xenon bulbs look good in my opinion. You can definately tell they're aftermarket bulbs, atleast the ones i had. I had mine for about 6 months (during the winter too), and they didnt go bad, but i had to switch them out when i hit a deer and whatnot, so i dont have them anymore. They gave off a really clean white light, and when they were off, they reflected blue off the shiny plastic in my headlights becuase of the blue colored bulb. I really like them, and never had to replace them, so fork out $15 for some of those. I really think they look good (but definatley not as good as HID's).

kremmily 10-10-2006 01:53 PM

I bought the Silvania $40 light bulbs which work really good. All that i want is those light bulbs to last long time! Thanks for all your replies guys!!!

BenDF 10-11-2006 02:25 PM

PIAA