HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Inside and Out (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/)
-   -   Muffler fitment with Type R Lip?? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/muffler-fitment-type-r-lip-27108/)

mentaldis0rder 08-12-2006 04:39 AM

Muffler fitment with Type R Lip??

Anyone here install the type r lip or bumper to rear on a ek hatch with a magnaflow or similar exhaust.. ?? And does anyone know if the lips cover up the exhaust cuttout on the rear bumper/? specifically just wondering if it will fit as i already had to trim my exhaust cuttout on my hatch due to adjustment from the addition of sway bar in rear.. the bracket was rubbing on the exhaust pipe.

mill$civic 08-12-2006 07:41 PM

RE: Muffler fitment with Type R Lip??

well..i can tell you that with a type R rear lip it fit around my exhust good but my muffler would rub against it, so i got different exhust hangers and dropped the back a little so it dosent rub

mentaldis0rder 08-13-2006 01:37 AM

So you had to drop the exhaust down some in the rear? if so this would create an issue for me due to the added sway bar in rear..

pWnEdU 08-13-2006 12:29 PM

Mill: the type R hatch lip is different than yours.

mill$civic 08-13-2006 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: pWnEdU

Mill: the type R hatch lip is different than yours.
oh ok ..my bad, i cant see why it wouldent fit the..like i sead,if it didnt you would just have to drop the back a BIT, it shouldnt touch the sway bar

AllForSRT 08-13-2006 04:26 PM

I know that i need to get a rear lip because my twin loop hangs a little low. I dont know if its because the twin loop is a mugen replica and its meant to go with a mugen lip kit or what, but it hangs a little too low for my liking right now. It doesnt look TOO bad, it looks fine from the sides, just when your behind me you can see a little too much of the muffler itself. I would rather just have the tip being shown and a little of the bottom of the muffler thats it.

pWnEdU 08-13-2006 05:33 PM

I would like to know if the type R hatch rear lip would fit on a coupe... I like 'em.

mentaldis0rder 08-14-2006 05:43 AM

sway bar runs just a bit higher than the control arm which was issues i had before installing the exhaust.. had to adust it to get it right in the middle of the opening so when i accelerate and turn it doesnt rub ..

mentaldis0rder 08-20-2006 12:19 AM

since this wasnt completely cleared up.. i have considered replacing rear LCA's wondering if this may give more room with aftermarkets.. and if someone can correct me ,, or clarify.. arent good LCA lightweight over stock? so i would drop at least 5 lbs or more?