Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

new color scheme

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Super Cereal Admin
Default new color scheme

Well, in the next few weeks (hopefully), I'll be finishing up my civic's exterior (Mugen front lip, M3 sides, Type R rear lip, shaved moldings/gutters, frp z3 fenders, probably a predator frp hood) and getting the whole thing re-painted. I was talking my one friend a while back (when we did the suspension), and he told me he had a gallon of dark blue automotive paint that he'd give me.... for free. He also said he'd paint it, so that pretty much takes care of the paint. He admits he's never really opened the paint, so he doesn't know exactly what it looks like (he says he thinks it's a dark blue with flake), but hell... I'd take a bright pink paint job if it was free.

Anyway, here's where I start facing problems. The clearcoat on my wheels is peeling (really badly), so I figure I might as well re-paint them. But the problem is, I can't decide what color. I'm stuck betweenkeeping them black w/polished inner lip, painting the whole things bronze, and painting the whole wheels white (and having the inner lip painted to match the car)... Personally, I'm kind of leaning towards the white/blue wheels, but I'm not sure it would look right with my skinny-spoke wheels. I know bronze would look good with blue, but it's done pretty often... then again, I could do bronze and do the inner lip blue to match the car (using some of the automotive paint so it's a perfect match, of course). Anyway, anybody have any opinions on the wheel color? And I'd get the wheels powdercoated (a friend of a friend can getmy wheels powdercoated for next to nothing), but I just dont' want to have to pay to have thetires taken off and then put back on, so I think I'll just use wheel paint and tape everything off.

(and if anybody's wondering, the Predator hood is actually kind of clean for an aftermarket hood; no giant scoops or anything, just vents... which is a good thing since I have an aftermarket header that gets pretty friggin hot lol)

Old 09-01-2007, 10:36 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: new color scheme

sounds good bro, goodluck

Old 09-01-2007, 12:25 PM
HCF Member

^+1 , But what I dont understand is why would you shave the gutters? When it rains and you open the door the water will just come striaght down[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 09-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Super Cereal Admin

because I think it looks cleaner without them... and it really won't make much of a difference in the rain... I've been in cars without them (pontiac grand am) in the rain, and they really don't make a difference.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:27 PM
HCF Member

i say the bronze wheels man, i think itd look so sick

Old 09-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards right now... does anybody know if they make a bronze wheel paint? I know like autozone and places like that have wheel-specific paint, but does it come in bronze? I think I'll probably make painting my wheels bronzea weekend project once the car is painted

Old 09-01-2007, 05:00 PM
HCF Member

Bronze with polished inner lip.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:19 PM
HCF Member

fully bronze rims would look best IMO

Old 09-02-2007, 12:17 AM
March 2010 ROTM

I would go with the White wheels with the blue lip. I have white wheels with a dark green lip that matches my car and it looks really good in my opinion. As long as you keep them clean, they pop and give a sharp look to a car.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Super Cereal Admin

^ (welcome to the forums) the only thing I'm worried about with white is that my wheels are 5-spoke (the skinny spokes, not the fatter ones), so I'm not sure white will look right.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards bronze right now, but I don't know what to do with the inner lip. mill$, if you can find some pics of bronze wheels with polished inner lips (or even a polished outer lip), I'd appreciate it... I'm not sure I'd like the whole bronze/silver thing, but if I see what it looks like, I might like it... I guess I'll wait until I get my car painted and see if someone could chop me a pic of the car with bronze wheels and the different lip options to see what I like best.

Quick Reply: new color scheme