Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

smoking tail lights...help

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Default smoking tail lights...help

I have a black 07 civic coupe and i was wondering how dark i should go with smoking my tail lights...and if i should get the tint or would painting them be better. I wanted to is there a difference between smoking them and blacking them out..

Old 08-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Default RE: smoking tail lights...help

Well from what i hurd there is a diffrence between smoking them and blacking them out. Smoking them out is soo you can still see everyhing but you just have basically a thin layer of black soo it looks "smoked". Blacking ou tof course is making them black to where you cant see nothing unless your hitting yoru brake light or have your lights on.

Heres a link to when i blacked out my altelzzas.
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_472090/tm.htm

And with buying film to cover that i hurd it sucks. One of my buddys baught that stuff and it wrinkled all up and stuff. Then again i could be wrong but i would suggest VHT spray its like 10 bucks and totally worth it.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:29 AM
HCF Member

its illegal where i live lol

Old 08-23-2007, 12:28 PM

hahah i dont even know if its illegal in ohio i have never been botherd before about it.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member

you can be bothered ANYWHERE with them... ya just have to act stupid with your car and have a cop thats out to get you!

cause one your deleting the reflectors.... and depending how dark ya go they will say something about the taillights being to dark...
ME PERSONALY i have mine half tinted with some red leds in the lower portion for beter visability of brake lights during the day.
and i havent been messed with at all by any cops... but then again i dont act stupid when driving..... BUT they could still give me a ticket for not having reflectors on the back of my car..... IF THEY WANNA BE ****** ABOUT IT.... but so far nothing. ive had more complaints about my tint over my liscence plate.LOL

but either way IF YOU ATTEMPT IT... BUY THE VHT stuff!!!!! its the best stuff out thier! that film.... is well just flat film. VERY HARD to contor to the taillights.... and the ebay tint just FISHeyes and looks horible! BEEN THIER DONE THAT!