Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

what ya think? ARM REST recovered....

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default what ya think? ARM REST recovered....

well i got my material i got from http://www.syfabrics.com/mojocart/di...fm?prod_id=970

well i only bought 1 yard just to check out this fabric before i buy to much of it... BUT what i wanna do is recover the door panel arm rests as well. and of course you can see i already did the center arm rest...
which it didnt turn out AS GREAT as i wished it did BUT still not to bad.... if i want it any beter ill have to add some foam to raise the arm rest and have to sew some together cause i just cannt wrap it around that tight without some wrinkling

BUT so far fabric looks good enough and definatly cheap enough! so i plan on doing my headliner in this stuff as well. HOPEFULLY i wont have any problems and it will stretch alittle to stik around the headliner BUT if i have to ill smooth out the headliner cause i cannt use my sunvisors anyways and dome light and O SH** handles arent that big of a deal...

BUT enough reading for ya guys.... heres a few pics i got of it redone...
i just didnt realy like the feel of the stock arm rest. and i love this suede stuff but its not REAL suede BUT still nice material....

Name:  armrest-04.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  101.2 KB
Name:  armrest-07.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  91.2 KB

can you read it
Name:  armrestaddict.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  22.9 KB

Name:  armrest-12.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  55.2 KB
Name:  armrest-16.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  76.7 KB

i think it still flows preaty good..... should flow even beter when i do the doors arm rests and headliner

Old 07-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Default RE: what ya think? ARM REST recovered....

not bad looks good. does that material stretch pretty good. when doin the armrests i heard you need real flexible material and also heard a heat gun will get the wrinkles out of the doors.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:21 PM
HCF Member

looks pretty good man.. i wanna learn how to apholster stuff

Old 07-12-2007, 05:23 PM
HCF Member

I think it looks great, whats that thing in your e-brake? I guess you dont use your e-brake now?

Old 07-12-2007, 05:37 PM

Good stuff dude, I think it looks good too.

+1 to Mill$ question. Are those switches or something?

Old 07-12-2007, 05:48 PM

^ they look like dim light switches.......

Old 07-12-2007, 05:52 PM

probably bass control for the amps.

but that does look good.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL
well not realy... its a AUTO so i dont use the ebrake u nless im realy screwing around... but the Ebrake gets 90% of its use during the winter months
just haven fun...

BUT its my RF amps bass *****... and it just sits thier......... i put it thier for my stereo comp just to quickly hide the wires and that way i could pull the controls out and lay them on my lap to control easier..... EVENTUALY im gonna smooth over all those stupid switch panels and mount the controls either to the side OR MAYBE in the dash center console next to my AC buttons... BUT thats only a HUGE MAYBE...... cause that dash piece aint cheap to be cutting up!!!!!
this is what it looks like. my picture didnt come out cause i still have the protective plastic over it till i PERMINATLY mount it.

id rather not MOUNT it in that center console... BUT might have to.. its just not that great of a location to play with the ***** sometimes. all depends on what song is on and how i feel with how much BASS i want

Old 07-12-2007, 06:02 PM

hmmm i would mount them right here put push pne of those plastic thing out and put the control in them.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21867/FE18D98E20FE4D59A8673C7791C5C49E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well if i put it in any one of those id do the one with the hole already.LOL

thats where my old ORION remote bass **** was at. tho since i switched amps i had to pull it and leave that hole
just one of those things i havent cared about thinking about fully cause i just dont use my ebrake that much... only rarely when i wanna hear some tires sliding.... which i TRY to stay away from.... cause i just got all my tickets off my record.LOL
but i love skating down a snowie/ice road during the winter with the ebrake locked with my @ss sliding side to side.LMFAO its funny to freak people out behind me.LOL

Quick Reply: what ya think? ARM REST recovered....