HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Inside and Out (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/)
-   -   Yay! New toys! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/yay-new-toys-70100/)

Shbek 09-24-2008 02:11 PM

Yay! New toys!

I've bought quite a bit of new stuff that I either have, or I'm waiting to arrive. Namely projector headlights, HID conversion kit (ebay kit, had it for awhile, but I might actually put them in now), depo yellow foglights, OEM 99-00 rear tail lights, then I have to get a new bumper and fender painted because of my wreck (someone turned into me. -_-) so I also got front and rear Type-R lips, and I'm going to get the stock sideskirts painted to match the rest of the car. Unfortunately I have to wait for all my repair parts to get in before I can put in my left headlight, lips have to wait as well because everything needs to get painted at the same time. Then there's always my Tein S-Tech springs that have been sitting in my closet for ages....

Bah! I'm going to have quite a bit of work to do once everything arrives, but for now I'm bored and being impatient... At least I finally want to work on my car again, right? :P
Anyone else get any new "toys" lately?

FlipHKD720 09-24-2008 03:25 PM

Nice, the drop will look nice, and i think the sideskirts/lip all painted to match would look really good as well. Did you get the white/red tiallights? I think they'd look sick on your car, and i think the HIDs + projectors will look sick.

IMO the next thing should be some new wheels!

sfazngiants 09-24-2008 03:42 PM

nice, post some pics when you get the stuff in

Shbek 09-24-2008 03:51 PM

Yep, red/white tail lights. I actually nabbed them off craigslist, but I'm having a little problem... I need yellow bulbs for the turn signals. I couldn't find any in the two parts stores by my house, so yeah... bleh. Not like my car is really up for driving anywhere til I get my parts anyway though.

I've been wanting rims for awhile, but I have this nice 45k warranty on my current tires... I can intentionally destroy my tires and they replace them for free. Veeerrrry nice. So it may be awhile. That and I'm sort of waiting to find a good deal. I'd like to get 16", all black, or maybe black with a silver lip.

sfazngiants 09-24-2008 04:00 PM

good choice on the red/clear tails. for the turn signals i got these blue looking bulbs but when lit up looks amber. gives the clear part a nice hint of blue. check them out or http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...ignalWorks.htm. got them at my local auto parts store, don't know if you guys have one but it's from Kragen. i like the idea of the rims you are going for, keep checking craigslist, you may find some rims that are too good to pass

sittinSideways 09-24-2008 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Shbek (Post 591402)
I've bought quite a bit of new stuff that I either have, or I'm waiting to arrive. Namely projector headlights, HID conversion kit (ebay kit, had it for awhile, but I might actually put them in now), depo yellow foglights, OEM 99-00 rear tail lights, then I have to get a new bumper and fender painted because of my wreck (someone turned into me. -_-) so I also got front and rear Type-R lips, and I'm going to get the stock sideskirts painted to match the rest of the car. Unfortunately I have to wait for all my repair parts to get in before I can put in my left headlight, lips have to wait as well because everything needs to get painted at the same time. Then there's always my Tein S-Tech springs that have been sitting in my closet for ages....

Bah! I'm going to have quite a bit of work to do once everything arrives, but for now I'm bored and being impatient... At least I finally want to work on my car again, right? :P
Anyone else get any new "toys" lately?

wasn't your car in an accident recently? i guess you got that fixed...
also, you should tint your headlights. that would look great. post some pics when you do.

as for me im about to get Skunk2 springs for my car, so im excited...

GReddy_Civic 09-24-2008 07:14 PM

I got a new turbo timer the other week...errr i plan on ordering the plx m300 wideband soon, oo and i ordered spoon magnetic drain plugs, spoon rubber exhaust hangers, and spoon reservoir covers

bretzky.6 09-24-2008 07:24 PM

Yeah, Shbek, I had to get the amber turn signal lights for my headlights too. I couldn't find any anywhere that fit so I ordered a pair off eBay, and they came in 2 days, and they are super sexyyyy. Those and my tail lights are the only good things I've got from eBay. But if you're still looking for turn signals, try it man, as long as you know the bulb size you need your good. You can get some nice LED ones for like $15 after shipping.

Shbek 09-24-2008 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by sittinSideways (Post 591466)
wasn't your car in an accident recently? i guess you got that fixed...
also, you should tint your headlights. that would look great. post some pics when you do.

as for me im about to get Skunk2 springs for my car, so im excited...

Skunk2 springs lower like heck, my brother put them on both of his Integra's. I like being able to take a nasty pothole/speedbump without loosing parts of my car. :P Should looks great though, I just don't really live in the right area to lower much more than my Teins should do.

I'm actually still in the process of getting it fixed actually. My bumper, driverside fender and headlight all got smashed, somehow my left foglight also cracked pretty badly. I got an OEM bumper and fender, which I'm going to need painted, so I figured I'd get some lips while I was already getting stuff painted (wanted those for awhile) Then my headlights were painted OEM's, and I didn't feel like spending $200 to get a new headlamp that I'd have to paint... so I got a brand new pair of projectors for $200 instead. Foglights were crappy walmart lights, so I got some nicer ones :P I've had my Tein springs for nearly a year, and the HIDs were given to me by a friend nearly as long ago.
So really it works out to just the tail lights that I bought just for the heck of it.

My new headlights are somewhat tinted, they look really cool. I'll see if I can get some pics up later.

Shbek 09-24-2008 10:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
There we go. I went out and got some night time pictures of my right headlight. Other one should be going in tomorrow assuming I get my parts. Both left headlight supports kinda got smashed to the point of no repair....
The first picture makes the lights look quite a bit darker than they really are. You can see inside the glass quite easily, but its definitely a little tinted. I also found some yellow turn signals in my tool box of all places. So yay, problem solved there.
Attachment 24943
Attachment 24944
Attachment 24945

One gimpy problem I noticed is that when you turn your brights on, it switches to the other light and turns off the first light. Definitely gotta fix that. When I turn on my brights its typically to tell another driver that their lights FREAKING HURT. I like getting my point across. Or you know, I'm in the middle of nowhere. Either or. :P