Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Yes or No on lip?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 03:25 PM
HCF Member
Old 01-17-2011, 03:34 PM
HCF Member

Do you like it or not... simple as that.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:43 PM
HCF Member

Oh I do, but some people say replica's fit crappy. But I love it because it's black which wouldn't even need painted on a Red Civic, agreed?

Old 01-17-2011, 03:48 PM
HCF Member

I've gotten two lips from ebay, first one was a mugen style and didn't fit the best, it ended up getting ripped off and I ran over it while driving down the street, so I just left it there and ordered my ctr replica, which this one fits a lot better. They won't stay that black for long, it is only abs plastic, so as it sits in the sun it will start to fade. Just spray a coat of primer/paint/clear and it'll look good and hold the black, just make sure to prep it right and use the right primer, not all paint will stick to the abs well.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:15 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Scott53092
I've gotten two lips from ebay, first one was a mugen style and didn't fit the best, it ended up getting ripped off and I ran over it while driving down the street, so I just left it there and ordered my ctr replica, which this one fits a lot better. They won't stay that black for long, it is only abs plastic, so as it sits in the sun it will start to fade. Just spray a coat of primer/paint/clear and it'll look good and hold the black, just make sure to prep it right and use the right primer, not all paint will stick to the abs well.
It says it's Poly-Urethane which is stronger and more reliable am I correct?

Old 01-17-2011, 05:44 PM
HCF Member

lips all about personal preference. if you like that style go for it. some people would like mugen, ctr, or si lip others dont.

poly utethane can take some beating and bending without snapping

Old 01-17-2011, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

I meant poly for what I have, both mine were and my car scraped everywhereeeee and they held up, at least until I hit a snowbank lol.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:12 PM
HCF Member

Ya just worried because my driveway now is weird and I scrape my front bumper already with only a 2" drop and a lip oh my, but hey seriously I like both so it's just to see what you guys think, but what would you like if I kept the lip black on a Red Civic or just paint to match?

Old 01-17-2011, 06:13 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i had a lip kit on my eg, and i removed the lip just like the one you pictured. skirts and rear lip is ****, but i have never been a fan of a front lip on a civic. up to u man. poly lips are floppy. i still have my midori one laying around somewhere. i hated that thing. i wont hate on you if you get it though, its personal preferrence. at least its a clean lip, and not a buddy club front bumper.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

Here's my one problems which Ill have to take a picture of or your guessing. Ok last summer dumb *** me hit a low rock and screwed my bumper and after getting it all repainted I found a small break in the bottom of my bumper you think that will effect it being installed?

Quick Reply: Yes or No on lip?