Megan Racing Cat-Back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default Megan Racing Cat-Back Exhaust

I ordered this from ebay, and paid $307 to have it shipped to my door. (379.99 + Shipping if you order from Megan Racing's Web Site) Here are the specs...

- For Civic 92-00 2dr/4dr only (include Si)
- 4" tip with 5.5" width muffler
- Removable double-layer silencer, 2.5" piping with 2.25" inlet.
- 3 pieces with built-in resonator
- 100% stainless steel with polish finish
- Producing strong, deep and noticable sound
- Direct bolt-on application
- Gain 10-15 more horse power, faster response
- Comes with one gaskets, bolts & nuts
- Warranty included

Install was fairly easy, and took about 2 hours. The only reason it took that long was because we ran into a problem with the bolts connecting the stock cat-back to the cat, they were VERY rusty. We had to cut those bolts in order to get them off. Other than that, the only tools required were a few sockets, and some elbow grease to get the hangers into the rubber mounts. Also, you may want to look into getting different rubber mounts for the back section. I went to an exhaust shop and got some generic 5 hole mounts, which were only $5 bucks for two of them. The reason for needing this is, the exhaust will rest up against the bottom of your bumper, and it WILL melt it.

Overall i highly recommend this exhuast for anyone looking to increase their performance, and looks. Their web site claims 10-15 hp upgrade, but i would say its probably closer to 7-9, which is still good, every little bit counts. Below I have attached a sound clip (which will be updated later, this one isnt that good), and a few pictures of the install, if anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me, or post them here.

My buddy theo, I wouldnt be caught dead in a chevy racing hat

Exhaust w/VTEC Changeover

and heres another

Old 10-07-2005, 09:29 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Megan Racing Cat-Back Exhaust

Nice exhaust for sure. Good write up on it, and I like the addition of a sound clip. This review forum rocks! I'll be doing a CAI review when mine arrives.

Old 10-09-2005, 05:09 PM

Hey,

You don't by chance know the megan part # do you? I talked to my local customs shop and he asked if I could get the part number. He said there might be 2 seperate parts but im not really sure what he was talking about.

Jeff

Old 10-10-2005, 07:02 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Model Number: MR-CBS-HC92C

That what you're lookin for??

Old 10-10-2005, 09:52 AM

I think so ill let you know.

Thanks
Jeff

Old 10-12-2005, 08:06 PM
HCF Member

hope its ok if I ask this here... but how does it sound when your crusin down the highway (with the silencer in)? Just wonderin... thanks

Old 10-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Honda_man

hope its ok if I ask this here... but how does it sound when your crusin down the highway (with the silencer in)? Just wonderin... thanks
Well, its kinda funny. For the first two or three miles with the silencer in, it sounds SOOOOO rice. It vibrates a little bit everytime you get out of the gas. But once it heats up (2-3 minutes of driving) the rattle goes away. Then it just sounds throaty, but the db level is comparable to a stock muffler. My girlfriend loves the silencer, she wishes i'd use it all the time, haha.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:18 AM
HCF Member

Pretty cool dude. And I agree, cool sound clip. That's pretty much the best exhaust for the money, I would say.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:15 PM
HCF Member

so what ur sayin is... when you're goin like 70-80 it sounds stock (almost) with the silencer in? wow... Ima hafta look into this catback...

Old 10-18-2005, 07:20 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Honda_man

so what ur sayin is... when you're goin like 70-80 it sounds stock (almost) with the silencer in? wow... Ima hafta look into this catback...
Basically, yeah. Its just slightly deeper than stock, and you wont be deaf after a long trip

Quick Reply: Megan Racing Cat-Back Exhaust