Megan Racing Cat-Back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Default RE: Megan Racing Cat-Back Exhaust

Just ordered this . Very excited

Old 12-09-2005, 02:06 PM

Got mine installed yesterday. Install was a bloody pain in the ***. I got a shop to do it and not only was it about a foot short on the EX but most of the brakets had to be cut and rewelded longer. The cat on my EX is in the header and I guess they expect if your putting this catback in your also changing the headers so it leaves room for the cat between this exaust in your headers. Well this left a huge gap so a custom peice of metal had to be put in. Other then that its a pretty good exaust. I notice a proformance increase and it sounds good to.

Jeff

Old 12-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Wow, I didnt run into any of these troubles... Thats wierd, but, Glad your satisfied now that all is said and done

Old 12-09-2005, 02:50 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Xoopiter

Got mine installed yesterday. Install was a bloody pain in the ***. I got a shop to do it and not only was it about a foot short on the EX but most of the brakets had to be cut and rewelded longer. The cat on my EX is in the header and I guess they expect if your putting this catback in your also changing the headers so it leaves room for the cat between this exaust in your headers. Well this left a huge gap so a custom peice of metal had to be put in. Other then that its a pretty good exaust. I notice a proformance increase and it sounds good to.

Jeff
Ohhhhh yeah, because your EX is our LX. If you had gotten the header and cat from a Canadian Si it would have fit in there perfectly. It's so dumb how they make the models different.[:@]

Old 12-09-2005, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: amg6975

ORIGINAL: Xoopiter

Jeff
Ohhhhh yeah, because your EX is our LX. If you had gotten the header and cat from a Canadian Si it would have fit in there perfectly. It's so dumb how they make the models different.[:@]
Ya. I ordered the header now and we also had to cut and reweld both rear brackets to fit on to the back with the lip but that was expected. Should be good now.

Jeff

Old 05-01-2006, 06:33 AM
HCF Member

I got an Apexi cat back installed about 2weeks ago, and the design is strikingly similar, the only difference is the zinc coating on the outside. I was gonna go for megan but the snob in me rang out for old skool japanese. Its really interesting to see how you installed it without the hydraulic lift thingys- i was gonna do it myself but didnt have ne tools, next time definately gonna do it myself, i just wanna learn these things but u cant do that if you take it to the garages, plus dey charge mahoosive.

Neway thats a kool job and a kool description. Maybe one day sum1 can do a step by step thing? That would be safe, unless i'm being a pene *** and there's already one hea.

Old 05-01-2006, 06:35 AM
HCF Member

Ohhhhh yeah, because your EX is our LX. If you had gotten the header and cat from a Canadian Si it would have fit in there perfectly. It's so dumb how they make the models different.
ps i'm from Uk and i've never seen a 4dr that shape, weird

Old 05-01-2006, 07:40 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I seriously need to get a new sound clip, it sounds way different now

Old 05-04-2006, 12:37 AM

do you have CIA or headers on there?

Old 05-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Right now, I only have a CAI with stock EM/DP/Cat. I haven't picked up a header or anything because I'm boosting soon.....hopefully

Quick Reply: Megan Racing Cat-Back Exhaust