HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Header, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/intake-header-exhaust-78/)
-   -   skunk2 cat back exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/intake-header-exhaust-78/skunk2-cat-back-exhaust-12002/)

dj_ipirate 10-25-2005 01:07 PM

skunk2 cat back exhaust

price: $435 (ebay) purchased new.

ok i had one hell of a time trying to get the stock bolts out. i had to cut both ends and then force them out with an air compresed tool. but once i got the stock system off it was a smooth instal. skunk2 was generouse to forsee that the stock bolts would not be used so they sent all the hardware and gaskets. the only problem with this product is the piping is 2 1/2" and when the car idles the pipe actually bends against the frame... and loud. but what i did was get a pad to fix exhaust holes. (the kind that doesnt melt) and brace it over the pipe. you literaly have 3cm of room to work with so its a little hard to get it just right. it also looks ghetto. but it works.

the sound is great. a nice deep tone. it also came with a silencer for those who want to lay low from the fuzz. and the power increase is not much but its definatly there.

i give this product a 8.5/10 it would of been a ten if it wasnt for the pipe hitting the frame.

edit: the pipe hitting the frame was fixed by extending the hangers... easy fix
Click here to watch 01-civic-ex-with-skunk2-catback

Nail I3unny 01-15-2006 12:57 PM

RE: skunk2 cat back exhaust

what do you mean the pipe hitting the frame? like in the back by the bumper? cuz im pretty sure you could bend the hangers so it sits a little lower or higher.

dj_ipirate 01-15-2006 01:13 PM

no the pip after the cat hits the floorboard. but insulation cures that

Rickimaru 10-31-2006 07:13 PM

I have the same exhaust and have the exact same problem. I am in the process of getting some insulation to fix the problem. Other than that it is a great sounding exhaust and i would highly reccomend it.

muttmuzik 10-08-2007 08:09 PM

dude i got the exhaust to. its sick and i love the way it looks in the rear. got the same problem to with the pipes rattling against the bottom of the car. Where did u guys get the insulation stuff? is it just exhaust piping wrap? can i find it at like autozone or pep boys? i asked at advanced auto parts if they had like a heat resistant foam or something i could use and they said nay.

ic892003 10-09-2007 03:53 PM

congrats on the system, same thing with my megan racing catback it didnt bend properly, i had to get it bent a little more down, happens with a lot of catback systems

tknaub 10-10-2007 05:22 PM

im having the same problem with my megan catbacknow!:(

dj_ipirate 05-15-2008 02:21 PM

weald extensions on the hangars. fixes the problem.