The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

anyone using wireless mouses.... whats the best for decent price?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default anyone using wireless mouses.... whats the best for decent price?

well heres the thing... used to have the optical wired mouse and it kept not working right so i replaced it...... with a wireless optical mouse... BUT last one i had just kept not geting a track signal...
so now i replaced both my wired mouse and keyboard with new wireless ones. well my keyboard works great.. BUT the mouse SUCKS!!!!!!!
half the time it doesnt get my clicking signal and sometimes no track signal either....
just acting like im not doing anything....

im curious other than messen with the wires again whats my best RESONABLY PRICED option thats still wireless for my computer?

i got so much wireless stuff in my room i figure that is whats interfering with the mouses signal...

i have wireless router, xbox 360 wireless controls, all my remote controls of course, and pleanty of electronics.. big screen, surround sound, DVR box, my computer, cordless phone..........

whats my best resonable price option?
it can be a HUGE PITA when i try clicking on something and it wont click repeatedly!!!

Old 09-10-2006, 04:41 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: anyone using wireless mouses.... whats the best for decent price?

I don't remember the price, but I've been using the same Microsoft wireless mouse for about 3 years now and it runs great. Microsoft and Logitech would be the two brands I would recommend.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:45 PM

Logitech would be my suggestion.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya ive had several
first wired optical mouse was microsoft..
and also both my other wireless optical mouses are both microsofts..

old one version 2.0 A
newest one bought says 2.0
both model: 1008
preaty much same looking mouse besides the text color and a few extra P N long bar code and numbers.
sucks. i have to be only 2 ft away from the reciever for it to work right.
and i lay out on my bed all the time. no room for a computer desk.LOL

i seen one new mouse that says LASER..... but not sure how good those realy are from interference

Old 09-10-2006, 10:46 PM
HCF Member

I have the Logitech MX1000 it is a Laser (not optical) and it is amazing, i love it,

these are the specs for it

Now optical is obsolete. And your computing experience will never be the same.

Featuring the Logitech MX™ Laser Engine, the MX1000 delivers a new pinnacle of performance no optical mouse can match. With an incredible 20x more sensitivity to surface detail—or tracking power—than optical, laser can track reliably even on tricky polished or wood-grain surfaces. And the MX1000 offers even more advanced features that will make you more productive and more comfortable.

Powerful scrolling system
Wheel tilts for side-to-side scrolling, Cruise Control™ rocker for speed-scrolling up and down, and zoom with a click of the wheel
T

New thumb-button controls
Universal page forward and back, plus an application switch that quickly moves between open windows

Rechargeable
Rapid-charging base station makes sure the mouse is always ready, and the lithium-ion battery never needs replacing.

Fast RF™ cordless
Cordless performance that equals USB corded connection.

Occasionally it has some minor trouble with the signal, but i just hold it up in the air and shake it and then all is good. i love it and deffinately reccomend it to all. the only issue is that it is $120CAD... i will never go to anything else unless i find a newer one that i like more

Old 09-11-2006, 06:18 AM
HCF Member

On my old comp we had a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. On the new one its a microsoft set up. They both work great but I would go for logitech overall. Just feels that bit better and looks hot. (like that pimped up mouse Fiirkan has got!)

Old 09-11-2006, 09:43 AM
HCF Member

addiction2bass, with my laser mouse, i have never had any issues with the laser on it, i find it works better then optical, at first you have to get use to how much more sensitive it is, but once you do it is amazing(and first person shooters are a little easier too) and once you go straight from the laser back to optical it just isnt the same. as well you don't have that glow that the optical mice have, so if you have your computer in your bedroom and leave it on all the time(like i do) there isn't this omonise red glow throughout your room lol. and as well i am spoiled with the auto scroll, i try to use it on all mice that i use now lol.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:35 PM
HCF Member

Logitech FTW. Check out their new Revolution mice, pretty sweet. Some of my friends have problems with MS receiver.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok guess ill have to try them out.... which i think the reciever might be the problem....
just kinda odd how it would get my track signal just fine BUT the clicking wont work for crap if im to far away from the sensor

Old 09-11-2006, 08:53 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

ok guess ill have to try them out.... which i think the reciever might be the problem....
just kinda odd how it would get my track signal just fine BUT the clicking wont work for crap if im to far away from the sensor
Man, I didnt read that you have MS mouse too. Yeah, check the receiver if the light is on If not then it's probably the problem.

Quick Reply: anyone using wireless mouses.... whats the best for decent price?