The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Anyone on Verizon?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Default Anyone on Verizon?

It's time to buy a new phone. Maybe next month when I get paid. I currently have a Motorola Q9c with a broken screen cover. It's pretty ghetto. I'm looking into Droids but I can't really decide between a Droid X, Droid 2, or Droid Pro.

Pros and cons? Anyone else used them?

Old 11-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Chubby Chaser

i use verizon, but prepaid cause verizon and their rediclous deposit. so if you dont have a verizon acct already be ready to put up a huge deposit

Old 11-11-2010, 03:45 PM
July 2010 ROTM

hobo, i have a motorola droid, and i am pretty pleased with it. i have had it rooted, and it now has a program on it where i can increase or decrease voltage to the cpu. factory, it runs @ 500mhz, but i have mine set to 250mhz @ idle, and 800mhz under a load. maximizes battery life, and speed. i am also running a mod on it called cyanogen, which allows me to get rid of the stuff that makes it sluggish (like unnecessary animations) and also to customize things like text color. 100% customizable, reliable, and pretty neat looking. hope i helped out...

Old 11-11-2010, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

i got a droid milestone with verizon as well, and i really like it, android ftw! anyway, sometimes verizon has nice specials, i got my droid and i got one free, but i had to get a new line and i just gave that one to my sis, but the thing is, theyre like $200 dollars with a new contract, and i know for a fact motorola q9c does not have built in gps or wifi capable, so you might be into that

Old 11-14-2010, 09:31 AM

I got the MOTO Droid. I have had problems with mine, but everyone else i know who has one hasn't. I think I just have bad luck. Im working on my 5th one now. But its a great phone, i have mine rooted and have it variable overclocked depending on usage. Depending on how much you like touchscreen keyboards via physical ones id say get droid2 for physical or X for touchscreen. You can get Swype for the touchscreen keyboards to make typing more fluid.

Also I don't know if you have seen but Verizon has a promotion for 700 mins i believe for 70 dollars with a smartphone so you don't have to pay the 30 dollar smartphone fee. It dropped my bill from 120 to 70 dollars a month.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:25 AM

My PC Repair professor has a droid and verizon, says he loves it. But one thing to note, is he also says they assrape you in all kinds of fees

Old 11-14-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
My PC Repair professor has a droid and verizon, says he loves it. But one thing to note, is he also says they assrape you in all kinds of fees
Yea i was slammed by hidden costs basically, but its possible you can get a promotional discount like i did. I went from 120 dollars a month down to only 70 and thats with all the same features and everything. I have a 400 min. plan I don't know if you talk alot but i only use like 50 mins a month. I am much more of a texter.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:24 PM
HCF Member

My wife and I have Verizon. If you have a good credit score, you won't have to pay a deposit. We don't get slammed with any hidden fees. I have nothing bad to say about Verizon. I have been with Verizon (through my parent's plan for the most part) since I have had a phone which was in 1999 or 2000.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:29 PM
HCF Member

Does Verizon have the HTC Evo 4g like Sprint?

It probably has a different name with them though.

I really like the little kickstand on the back of that phone and the big *** 4.3" screen.

My bro has had Verizon for years and seems happy. He just traded his old blackberry for a new HTC Droid (not sure which model, 3.x" screen) and now he's really really happy.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I'm currently on an Alltel plan but Verizon bought them out so basically I'm on Verizon already. They want me to sign an actual Verizon contract so I have an upgrade available for that. Will probably be going with a Droid 2 because I like the actual keypad.

Quick Reply: Anyone on Verizon?