The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

B double e double r - u n!

Old 09-24-2010, 06:31 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default B double e double r - u n!

BEER-RUN!

Welcome to the OFFICIAL BEER THREAD! (B-M-C Drinkers need not apply)

Here we will discuss beer, what kinds we like, why we like it, descriptions, etc.. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about specific beers or even general styles.

When posting reviews, please try and stick to this basic format for easy navigation and continuity. (Additional Details are always welcome

Brewery:
Beer Name:
Beer Type:
Sampled @:
rate beer link: http://www.ratebeer.com/
Specs: ABV, IBU's, Gravity (It's okay if you don't know this stuff, most sane people don't )

I'll start..

Brewery: New Holland
Beer Name: Imperial Hatter
Beer Type: India Pale Ale (This one is from the High Gravity Series)
Sampled @: Purchased from Bellavino's in Grand Rapids, MI, consumed on my couch.
Beer Advocate Link: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/335/24884
Did you enjoy it: Absolutely.
Specs: 9.4% Alc by Vol., 20* plato, Not sure on IBU

Knowing that I was about to sample from the realm of Imperial brews, my expectations were pretty high. The were met but not surpassed, pretty much exactly what I expected. Hints of citrus and pine keep this beer refreshing, while at the same time the malty-ness keeps it incredibly smooth. This one is not for hop-haters. First taste impression is that of a fairly hoppy brew, but it finishes smooth and does not leave any sort of dry taste lingering.

I wouldn't drink a 4 pack on the beach on a hot sunny day by any means. However, when paired with the correct foods it really is a good one. I'll probably keep a 4 pack in the fridge and drink them when meals fit the bill.

I made crab cakes and parmesan & smoked gouda angel hair pasta the night I picked up this 4-pack, which was greatly complimented by the Imperial hatter.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:25 AM

Rolling Rock
Sam Adams Irish Red
Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier
Yuengling Lager

Old 09-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Chubby Chaser

smirnoff
Name:  smirnoff.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  4.6 KB
Name:  0617090138.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  8.3 KB

pretty damn good, just a little acidic on the stomach. But tastes way better than beer

i also love the taste of bacardi hurricane, wife likes everglo and lately ive been in the mood for a good ol fashioned screw driver
Name:  1031092121.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  8.4 KB

Last edited by 94civichatchback; 09-25-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:33 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

This is the beer thread, not the "what do you like to drink thread." I'll even go as far as to allow Ciders but thats about the furthest I'd like the topic to sway. If you want to start a Liquor/Wine Coolers thread, have at it Name:  icon_lol.gif
Views: 209
Size:  336 Bytes

One from this weekend. I've had this a number of times, delicious beer for you hop lovers.

Brewery: Short's Brewing
Beer Name: Huma Lupa Licious
Beer Type: India Pale Ale
Sampled @: On tap at "The Pub" in Petoskey, MI
Beer Advocate Link: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/9629/17900
Did you enjoy it: Very much so
Specs: 7% Alc by Vol., 16.8* plato, 76 IBU's

As mentioned, this one is for hop lovers only. It's got a great amount of hop bitterness that is complimented nicely by hints of citrus (more grapefruit citrus than standard lemon/orange). There is an extremely understated amount of carmel maltiness as well that keeps it semi smooth. Finishes a bit dry/bitter like any great IPA typically does.

I had it with the best damn reuben I've ever ate (The Pub in Petoskey, MI). Sorry for the **** pic quality, taken with crackberry..

Name:  Reuben.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  61.5 KB

Old 09-29-2010, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
smirnoff
homo... lol

Old 09-29-2010, 05:20 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

Name:  3707c1c5.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  49.3 KB

Brewery: Sam Adams
Beer Name: Boston Lager
Beer Type: Lager
Sampled @: Purchased at Belmont Beverage in Fort Wayne, IN, consumed on my couch.
Beer Advocate Link: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/104
Did you enjoy it: 8 out of 10
Specs: 4.9 ABV, 13 degree Plato, IBU - I would say it is about 30ish, can't find it so I am guessing by pallet

I have been enjoying this more and more. It smells like a micro brew lager, not like a regular BMC. Crisp to the taste, came out with good head. More bitter than an American style lager.

This is good in the summer/fall time where it the temps are still in the 50-60s. I bought a six-pack of these and will polish them off without a problem . This is a classic micro brew because this is where it all started.

Last edited by ScoobyAddict14; 09-30-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:21 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

Reserved for epic weekend 2

Old 09-29-2010, 05:27 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

Reseved for epic weekend 3

Old 10-01-2010, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyAddict14
May I recommend:

Name:  samadam.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  39.8 KB

Name:  SamAdamsBlackberryWitbier.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  52.1 KB

Old 10-01-2010, 01:51 PM
July 2010 ROTM

the only sam adams i have been able to tolerate is cherry wheat. i wish i could jump in and rate some beers, but im not yet a connisseur, only an enthusiast. i LOVE the taste of beer, and trying a new one is a special treat for me. i love wheat beer, ale, and some lagers. my fridge usually has blue moon, rolling rock, and yuengling black and tan rolling around in it. thx for starting a great thread forty, i am looking forward to some reccomendations...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: B double e double r - u n!