The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

B double e double r - u n!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 04:54 PM
August 2010 ROTM

I like a lot of Sam Adams. My favorite would have to be Octoberfest, but some honorable mentions are Honey Porter, Cherry Wheat, and Cream Stout. Only one I've ever had that I didn't like was Boston Lager... I think it tasted completely gross.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Brewery: Anheuser-Busch
Beer Name: Shock Top
Beer Type: Wheat Ale
Sampled @: Available at most large stores carrying beers
Rate Beer Link
Did you enjoy it: yessir
Specs: 5.2%ABV, not sure on other specs

Brewery: Green Mountain Beverage
Beer Name: Woodchuck Draft Cider (Amber)
Beer Type: Hard/Draft Cider
Sampled @: Purchased at Tates Creek Spirit Company in Lexington, KY
Did you enjoy it: If it weren't so expensive it would be my drink of choice
Specs: Don't know off-hand

Old 10-18-2010, 10:41 AM
July 2010 ROTM

reaper, u have to pour shock top or it tastes yucky lol

Brewery: Sweetwater, ATL
Beer Name: SweetWater Blue
Beer Type: Wheat Ale
Bought @: Package Store, Bham AL
Did you enjoy it: Yes
Specs: 4.6%ABV
Pretty good as far as a breakfast beer goes. Very strong aroma, but subtle taste. For all of you yanks who live too far away from this microbrewery, hit me up and i can ship you a couple. oh! and here is the link.... http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/sweetwater-blue/175/

Old 10-19-2010, 04:16 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Us yanks do just fine in the craft beer category

Do you know how to ship beer legally? Last I checked, and this was forever ago, none of the standard shippers allowed the shipment of alcohol.

If it can be done, I think an HCF Beer Trade system should be set up IMMEDIATELY

Old 10-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I think it'd be almost impossible and on the verge of illegality. It'd be hard to verify (and prove) another forum member is of legal age and whatnot.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:36 PM
July 2010 ROTM

agreed 40! and also, sadly, agreed reaper. would be ever so nice to setup a beer trade. man, when i was a kid, i was always into trying as many hard candies as i could. now that im 27, its beer. im always on the lookout for the next "my beer", if u will. i want to try as many different kinds as i can before i kick the bucket. beer really is a joy, tasting the different subtleties btwn breweries and types.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Originally Posted by reaper2022
I think it'd be almost impossible and on the verge of illegality. It'd be hard to verify (and prove) another forum member is of legal age and whatnot.
It'd be fine provided you only shared with verified "of age" people. Most of us steady members know one another enough to know who is and who isn't of age. I for one have a fairly select list of folks I would even consider doing this with. That isn't the legality issue I was referring to.

I looked into shipping beer a while back and it was simply illegal to do so via normal shipping means, at the time. I'm going to look into it again today and see what I can come up with.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:29 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

They do beer trades all the time on homebrew websites like homebrewtalk.com and beeradvocate.com. I think FedEx is the way to go and just label is something other than beer and package it really well.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:06 PM
July 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by ScoobyAddict14
They do beer trades all the time on homebrew websites like homebrewtalk.com and beeradvocate.com. I think FedEx is the way to go and just label is something other than beer and package it really well.
Originally Posted by Forty04
It'd be fine provided you only shared with verified "of age" people. Most of us steady members know one another enough to know who is and who isn't of age. I for one have a fairly select list of folks I would even consider doing this with. That isn't the legality issue I was referring to.

I looked into shipping beer a while back and it was simply illegal to do so via normal shipping means, at the time. I'm going to look into it again today and see what I can come up with.
i agree that you COULD ship beer, but not legally. if something happens and they find out you shipped something illegal, even as harmless as beer, it may be a felony offense. i for one wouldnt chance it.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:43 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I concur.. 99% of the time I'm sure it'd go perfectly fine. But if I ended up in that other 1% with a felony charge, over a 6 pack of beer, I would not be happy.

Quick Reply: B double e double r - u n!