HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/)
-   -   beer enthusiasts? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/beer-enthusiasts-17474/)

skytanker2003 02-22-2006 09:51 PM

RE: beer enthusiasts?

Not a conoiseur, but I enjoy Guiness (motor oil) for the dark, and Corona for the light. Not really a fan of US-brewed beer. My girl likes the redneck stuff (i.e. Bud, Bud Lite [:'(]) But I give her props cuz she's got about 25 (literally, not exagerating) empty Everclear bottles, drank by her alone over the past year and a half! She had me drinkin' it one night, and it was fine til I took a swig straight (I was drunk and didn't know any better!)......And haven't touched it since. I'm more of a vodka (Smirnoff, Grey Goose) man myself anyway!

usmc2b2004 02-22-2006 09:53 PM

Yea I have no prob getting it here... Man I think the worst is Miller Lite, Or what about King Cobra. Yuck...

Patrick 02-22-2006 09:56 PM

kind cobra is a budweiser product=headache beer

hmmm..i like guinness and in march, i will go to pittsburgh for one of the naitons largest st pattys day celebrations..and i will put away a case or so of guinness..:)

i dont like vodka...i drink alot of jim beam

mxs 02-22-2006 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

yuengling? that was a favorite of mine, but i cant get it here
come to Rochester, it's everywhere. That's my standby. Other than that I've been drinking Belgian and German stuff lately.

I didn't even start drinking beer until I was 24 and went to Germany :eek:

amg6975 02-22-2006 10:07 PM

Not much of a beer drinker here. My best friend is usually Jack.

Patrick, you ever have Ommegang? It's a really traditional type beer. It's made down the street from where I grew up. It's pretty good stuff.

http://www.ommegang.com/index.php?mcat=2&scat=0

finalimpact 02-22-2006 10:12 PM

i like to try different beer's.....i highly recomend anyone to stay away from chinese beer. i thought id be cool to try something jdm ish(yeah yeah its chinese but its close)....the worst beer ive ever tasted.

Mad7s 02-22-2006 10:24 PM

i dont mean that i like getting drunk
I do [sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Main stream stuff I dig is Samuel Adams, Guinness, Coor Original when I'm cheap, Grolsch

Local stuff which I try to stick with is Kilt Lifter, 8-Ball (like a Redwoods Guinness), Down Town Brown, and Red Nectar

Beer is awesome.

Patrick 02-22-2006 10:25 PM

what kind of chinese beer did you have, tsingtao? i have had that and much liek sapporo, it was way to light for my tastes..

amg, i have had alot of true belgium beers as i had a roommate from belgium, and while they are very good (and true belgium beers are often VERY high in alcohol content) they were among my favorite styles. the beer whch i have had were usually heavier, and a bit on the bitter side, but it has been quite a while..my current goal is to try every pale ale that i can get down the street..than i will move onto something else, perhaps belgians, but some of them can be VERY expensive due to the rarity and the alcohol content.

which yuengling product is popular there? the traditional lager?

i am blessed with a specialty liquir store near our house with has rows and rows of rare bottles...some of them are 10-12 bucks a bottle...but ive had many of them when my awful ex ran that fancy bar..

NTX 02-22-2006 10:57 PM

i really like guinness and sierra nevada pale ale...
Guinness is one of my favs.

Ever had Gordon Biersch? Brewed out here in San Jose.....Im' gonna go grab one right now.

Patrick 02-22-2006 11:04 PM

the name sounds familiar...what style of beer is it?