The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Car got broken into

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 10:14 AM
HCF Member
Default Car got broken into

So this morning I walked past my car on the passenger side and thought to myself, why was my glove compartment opened with my papers everywhere? I thought it just opened because sometimes it falls off by itself. I got into my car, put my backpack down on the passenger seat, started up the engine, and i was going to change the CD. WTF?! My radio was missing. I had to look again, i thought i was dreaming or something, but it was really gone. I checked the wires and they were pulled out too.

So now, me being pissed, walked inside the house and told my mom what happened. She said shes going to report it but im at school so i dont know if she did.

Well i live in a nice neighborhood, there are no teenagers, mostly kids. Im thinking the people who stole it knew nothing about cars, since they didnt steal anything else, besides some pocket change. Good thing they didnt crack the climate control. Anyways, i just needed to rant. Its my first time getting something stolen from my car. Now i know how it feels [:@]

Old 10-26-2007, 10:40 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Car got broken into

wow sorry to hear that. Did you file a police report? maybe your insurance can replace it? Never happened to me, but I feel for ya man. Stuff like this is very unfortunate and sad to hear

Old 10-26-2007, 10:45 AM

that sucks man. happened to me once. did a report on it. never got it back or found out who it was becuase i got into the car and it had all my fingerprints on it.if i didnt get in it they could've found who it was. but oh well, it was only a radio. the funniest thing is that it happened at the mall i worked at and across the street there's a cash converter shop or whatever is called. the guy whostole it from me sold it there like two days after. lol. couldnt find out who it was because they couldnt give info like that out.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:47 AM

thats sucks.sorry man.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:50 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civic_burns_all

wow sorry to hear that. Did you file a police report? maybe your insurance can replace it? Never happened to me, but I feel for ya man. Stuff like this is very unfortunate and sad to hear
It happened this morning and i couldnt skip out on my exam. The car is still at home and im at school. Ill file one when i get home.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

yea it sucks, but my whole car was stolen... i got it back but my wheels were gone, my indash tv and my gauuge cluster... from this expeirence i learned that even tho its annoying it could pay off to take ur detachable face home with u everytime ur not in ur car

Old 10-31-2007, 03:41 PM

sames happened to me man. it feels fake. got into my truck and my whole system was gone. huge hole in my dash frm where the head was at and wire everywhere. sucks[:@]

Old 10-31-2007, 03:46 PM
HCF Member

yeah im still kind of mad about it but i got a new deck. They messed up the wires so i took it into the shop to get the new radio installed and the wires fixed. Was worth it and im happier now.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:57 PM
HCF Member

My car was broken into a couple of weeks ago. They tried to pry the passenger side window open, and when that didn't work, they broke out the driver's side window. The alarm must have scared them off, 'cause they didn't touch a single thing inside the car.

So, $100 deductible to replace the window...could have been alot worse.