HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/)
-   -   The Civic is alive again... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/civic-alive-again-13103/)

Caliman707 11-29-2005 01:03 PM

RE: The Civic is alive again...

so i am planning on putting a H22 swap on a 95 Civic and am just wondering if after i do it will i be able to install a turbo as well???

se7ensectoolate 11-29-2005 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Caliman707

so i am planning on putting a H22 swap on a 95 Civic and am just wondering if after i do it will i be able to install a turbo as well???
Of couse you can, I just wouldn't recomend it. H22s don't hold up well under boost due to their long stroke and thin cyl. walls.

Pete 12-11-2005 10:07 PM

Se7en im sorry but i gotta call BS, im pretty sure thats hasports k20 turbo swap, i remember finding that during a search on yahoo.

Pete 12-11-2005 10:24 PM

yea its from hondawerks. Its someones project car......

andryuha 12-11-2005 10:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i'm highly disappointed. I really hate to say it, but it loks like we got an e-baller on our hands. This isn't even cool. I'm just speechless. The first clue that gave it away is that se7en specifically mentioned that his k20 is NA - the one in the pic is obviously turbo - the piping and BOV gave it away. You sir got owned severely! Therefore, you deserve teh:

Attachment 41144

andryuha 12-11-2005 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: se7ensectoolate

...under D-series power. The hardest part of the entire swap is over, getting all the parts that were necessary for boost out of the way. The D17 went back into the car, so I could get some decent gas milage and run the car in the winter. My mild N/A K20 setup is still in the works. The 928 is currently up for sale, and I'd like to avoid wrecking it in snow. The only problem is this. I took the Civic out last night and I was going through some backroads, like I always do. This was at around midnight. Up ahead, I saw a rabbit run across the road on a straightaway. I slowed down from 70 to around 65, just to be cautious. Right as I got to the spot, a gigantic fox ran right out in front of the car. I had no time to react. I caught the fox with the drivers side corner of the car. It practically ripped the entire corner of the bumper off, as well as my lip. The fox walked away. As of right now, the front of the Civic is held together with zip ties. What really aggravates me is this. I destroyed my stock bumper last year by hitting debris on highway 70. It was the same corner I destroyed this time. Here's the kicker. After I had the car running, I was this close to putting my old busted bumper back on the car for winter...but I didn't. So now, I'm waiting until after winter to repair it. I might just give the whole car a new coat of satin silver metallic. We'll see.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ve/Stiches.jpg
quoted to prevent editing

Belmont 12-11-2005 10:57 PM

I got lost in all these posts.... Who got severely owned???

Marty 12-11-2005 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: se7ensectoolate

ORIGINAL: Caliman707

Of couse you can, I just wouldn't recomend it. H22s don't hold up well under boost due to their long stroke and thin cyl. walls.
That is not why they dont hold up.

The H22's ring lands are to far up on the pistons to be able to hold alot of cyl. pressure. The cyl. walls are not thin and stroke has nothing to do with being good for boost. If that was true you need to go let all those funny car and top fuel drag teams know this because I have seen well over 2000hp on a top fuel car and the same on the funny cars. they run boost(some supercharged and some turbo.

Also the H22 is fine up to the 300whp mark on a good tune before you start to run into problems.

se7ensectoolate 12-11-2005 11:14 PM

How did I get severely owned? My K-series used to be boosted. The motor is out right now and I'm switching over to a bolt-on N/A setup. Believe what you want to believe. You can come to my shop and see the motor for all I care. I'm not an e-baller. I could care less if you ban me. I'm not the one that needs my help. I know everything I need to know. Ban me, and throw away all your K20, EM2, EP3 and DC5 knowledge.

Marty 12-11-2005 11:17 PM

How about you show a pic of your engine bay then, surely to god a person that spends that much money and time on a car project will take pics.