The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

College Research Paper-Help, Forced Induction

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 12:35 PM
HCF Member
Default College Research Paper-Help, Forced Induction

So I have to write a Research apper for my English composition class. I decided to take the chance to do some research on Forced induction. It has to have 2 sides to it so I'm doing Turbochargers vs. Superchargers: The Strengths and weaknesses. The Intro is due tommorow since this class is so relaxed I have till March 20th to finish it . Let me know what you think. I suck at grammar so have at it!Heres the intro:

[blockquote]
For years the automobile community has been split on the subject of forced induction. Today’s tuners have primarily two choices, the turbocharger and the supercharger. The advantages of both are clearly apparent, simply, more air equals more power. The argument lies in the fact of how each mechanism forces the air into the motor, each has its advantages and disadvantages. Many of the superchargers loyal followers point to the possible unreliability and complication of turbochargers to be a main weakness. Whereas the turbocharger community points to the inefficiency of superchargers as being their main fault. Both sides possess viable arguments for their desired choice of forced induction. [/blockquote]

Old 02-21-2007, 12:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: College Research Paper-Help, Forced Induction

check out www.howstuffworks.com and look up turbo/superchargers, it's a great resource for pros/cons.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:45 PM
HCF Member

if you are going to do this on turbos be sure to explain that a Turbo charger is in fact an exhaust driven supercharger.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:46 PM
HCF Member

also the equation is more air allows more fuel which equalls more power, unless you like running extremly lean. lol thats sweet that you get to do a project like that, their always fun for me, but we havent done any like that for a while. good luck man.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:01 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

check out www.howstuffworks.com and look up turbo/superchargers, it's a great resource for pros/cons.
Yea I was just there, Great site. Defiently going to be in my works cited.

Later on in the paper I'll be giving the basics on how they work so people arent completely lost. I do all my papers on cars lol. My teacher told me I need to drop out and go to Auto school, which will probably end up happening after this semester lol.

I'll make sure I add that Turtle.

The rough draft of thebodyis due next tuesday so I'll be sure to post that since thats 90% of the paper.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ryank327

teacher told me I need to drop out and go to Auto school, which will probably end up happening after this semester lol.
someone should shoot your teacher if he/she said that

Old 02-21-2007, 01:17 PM
HCF Member

I agree they shouldnt go around telling students that. but its true, why should I waste my time going to school for something I don't have a passion for. I'd rather spend my life making 40 grand a year doing something I love rather then making 60 grand a year doing something I really dont care for(accounting). Plus studies have shown, people that have a passion for their work advance quicker and end up doing better then those that don't...

Old 02-21-2007, 01:30 PM

This is a good topic if your teacher know nothing about cars, because then you have room for a little bull****ting

Old 02-21-2007, 01:32 PM
HCF Member

Yea, but its research paper, so I plan on quoting a lot. All I need is a few good sources and the paper will be a breeze.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:59 PM
HCF Member

You might aswell throw in the definition of FI.

Quick Reply: College Research Paper-Help, Forced Induction