HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/)
-   -   Contesting ticket... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/contesting-ticket-53475/)

my05civic 10-09-2007 06:40 AM

Contesting ticket...

so for my trial by written declaration, what do you guys think would get me free?

trying to convince the judge that it wasn't me that was speeding, and saying that the officer got the wrong car (there was a black corolla on the left of me, and a blakc nissan sentra behind me, and i have a black civic)

OR

something medical wise... saying that my brain tumor (no joke...) made my head throb and something elaborate...

gocoho 10-09-2007 07:28 AM

RE: Contesting ticket...

I think you should just tell the truth.

my05civic 10-09-2007 08:00 AM

lol at the truth. i sat in court and saw two people testify with the truth (which was essentially the same thing that i had planned to say), and the judge doesn't ever listen to the defendant; only the cop's story is legit[:@]

gocoho 10-09-2007 08:36 AM

- were you speeding? - do you have a lawyer? - what I'm saying is I don't think it's wise to commit purgery which can be punished with yet another fine and jail time - I hope it works out well for you.

Peg_Leg 10-09-2007 09:09 AM

thats why there are lawyers the judge never accepts what the defendant has to say beleave me i know get a lawyer

my05civic 10-09-2007 10:28 AM

that's for all the support guys. i think i'm gonna have to go with my first plan of attack... trying to make it seem like the cop made a mistake...

the truth is i wasn't speeding, but he got a radar reading of 44 in a 35 zone... which is incorrect because i was going 42 in a 40 zone...

i can't just argue that i was in a 40 zone going 42 because as i saw it court, they won't believe you, so i'll just have to make it seem like he got the wrong car. its somewhat original in my mind. dunno how effective it is... but still, it's better than flat out trying to say you weren't going that fast lol.

Peg_Leg 10-09-2007 11:20 AM

yeah thats true they take the cop's word always hate to hear your having so much trouble

blackmassacrer 10-10-2007 08:25 PM

yeah it wouldnt be such a good idea to say you medical condition was behind it, then they might just see you unfit to drive and take your prevlige. and that would be worst

blackmassacrer 10-10-2007 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: my05civic

that's for all the support guys. i think i'm gonna have to go with my first plan of attack... trying to make it seem like the cop made a mistake...

the truth is i wasn't speeding, but he got a radar reading of 44 in a 35 zone... which is incorrect because i was going 42 in a 40 zone...

i can't just argue that i was in a 40 zone going 42 because as i saw it court, they won't believe you, so i'll just have to make it seem like he got the wrong car. its somewhat original in my mind. dunno how effective it is... but still, it's better than flat out trying to say you weren't going that fast lol.
look on your copy of the ticket, itll say what street you were on and he cant lie and say the limit if its already posted. 2 mph over isnt a big deal. he cant say you were in a 35 if its a 40, he could get in trouble for that sh*t

the_turtle 10-11-2007 07:29 AM

^+1...thats the truth..

in my area, we fight tickets all day...but usually not for speeding, unless we realy are innocent...i dont know any one who has lost either, my buddy even got one fired...unless its "Freeway Patrol"....they are always legit and i have never been pulled over and i know i have been clocked at 75 before i could slow down (in a 65) but then again, the city i go to school in is a mad speed zone...no one drives under 70...ever, not even semis...

good luck bro