HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/)
-   -   helped catch a law breaker!! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/helped-catch-law-breaker-28268/)

custm93civic 09-01-2006 03:32 PM

helped catch a law breaker!!

OMG! I've been waiting all day to get this posted. This morning when I was driving to school I was a witness to an accident. I had been driving behind a ford explorer (2004) when we got to a traffic light. The traffic light was red so clearly we had to stop well I stopped behind him. The light turned green for the opposing traffic to turn left when all of a sudden the nut in front of me (the ford) RAN THE LIGHT!!! The car turning left slammed on his brakes trying to miss the ford when the second guy in the line of turning traffic slams into the other who was trying to miss the ford. The cars were busted broken tail lights, bumpers, grills; I swear I could see the radiator though the one with front damage I mean it was a hard hit. So anyways what does the ford do........keeps going INSANE!!! So every one lies on their horn and I see the guy beside me pull out his phone and dial what I thought was 911, probably was. The problem… no one had the fords license plate number so what good was calling the cops if the suspect fled the scene. So I took action. when the light turned green I punched it ( kept the speed limit so don't go off on me!! well maybe 5 over but not much!!!!) and caught up with the ford a ways down the road got right up on his bumper and got his plate number on my phone then I switched lanes and passed him got in front of him and slowed him way down and held him behind me until I saw the police ( O yah and somewhere after I got his number I called 911 and reported it and gave them the plate number and vehicle description ) when a saw the police I got out of the way and let the police pull him over (he pulled right over) I didn't stop I was running late to school plus I would rather keep my name anonymous to people. But man this made my day I’ve still got shivers thinking about it I mean come on I was a ROLLING ROAD BLOCK!!!!!! How often do you get to be one of those?:D

mill$civic 09-01-2006 03:47 PM

RE: helped catch a law breaker!!

wow thats pretty huge!...as if you went after him and went infront, i would of been afrade of getting rammed or somthing, and after i would of stayed...mabey get a reward!:D , but good job!!!!!!! good to hear there still good people out there:D

BOOSTINEX 09-01-2006 04:15 PM

Good Stuff! Sounds like it was pretty crazy!

Remmy 09-01-2006 04:41 PM

Coolio! Good job on catching the asshole!

TrAvMaNFTW 09-01-2006 04:53 PM

That's AWESOME... glad to see there's good in this world after all!

Peg_Leg 09-01-2006 04:55 PM

thats cool nice that you got his tag number

BrianT 09-01-2006 05:42 PM

Wow, great story. thats something be proud of.
________
How To Roll Blunts

AOL.COM 09-01-2006 05:53 PM

hit n run people piss me off --one time some ahole rear ended me -call the cops -after about 5-10 minutes - he takes off [:@]--but i caught him:D- smashed the crap out of his door with a club - then the cops showed up ;)

& the reason why they run?
a--not registered
b- no insurance
c-stolen
d-warrents on them
e-stoned out of their mind
f- all of the above

ScoobyAddict14 09-01-2006 07:50 PM

thats sweet congrats man

Pete 09-01-2006 07:56 PM

I wouldnt have called it in right away. I woulda whooped his ass, THEN called in his plates and location.......

pWnEdU 09-01-2006 08:27 PM

Nice.

AgentofDarkness 09-01-2006 10:28 PM

Good job some people are really douches. I saw a cop run a red light for no reason other than he didn't feel like waiting. No lights, no nothing. That pisses me off.

andryuha 09-01-2006 10:29 PM

Good job! Next time, avoid such actions. The driver was obviously not well - he could have been packing.

AgentofDarkness 09-01-2006 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: andryuha

Good job! Next time, avoid such actions. The driver was obviously not well - he could have been packing.
Or worse, fudge packing.

andryuha 09-01-2006 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

ORIGINAL: andryuha

Or worse, fudge packing.
[sm=exactly.gif]

TheMoogly 09-02-2006 02:45 AM

You are a hero dude. Think of how screwed those people would have been if YOU wouldnt have had some balls to stop him. You should be totally proud of yourself and you deserve a prize... have the admin put "He's a hero" under your newbie rating!

AllForSRT 09-02-2006 07:05 AM

What you did is very comendable. However next time you find yourself in such a situation, please take his license plate number down and drive to the nearest police station. The last thing you want is your parents/wife/kids/family/friends having to grieve over your death when a maniac such as the guy in the Explorer is clearly capable of doing.

Its never wise to follow a criminal especially after just commiting a serious crime. Its one thing if you were flashing blue, at least that would show him that you have the means to take legal action against him. For all he knows your just another guy he can run down (which you are) Im not trying to give you sh t here, I completley agree what you did shows initiative and you should be congratulated for what you did. However that does not excuse the fact that you put yourself in serious jeopardy, in which case just think about your loved ones and how they would miss you because some ass hole in a SUV starts to come after you. You got lucky. In the future go to the PD with his plate number and you will recieve the same level of heroics, and it will be a safer move if you car about the ones who care about you.

Nick out.

quick_shifter 09-02-2006 10:05 AM

Well done, just watch out for that next time (if there is a next time) cuz he may have something on him. And at the time, I'm sure you weren't thinking of that, but still, well done!

jH4nd 09-02-2006 11:14 AM

what if that was me in that explorer? [:@]

Ben 09-02-2006 12:50 PM

Dude thats awesome...im glad he didn't do anything to you, well done!

97hondaEx 09-02-2006 01:45 PM

you really did a good thing, though you put yourself at risk when you got in front of him to slow him down, definatly comendable. My cousin is a cop and I told him about this and he said usually citizen help isnt wanted (because sometimes more people can get hurt) but he said that you should be proud of your actions. Job Well Done![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

TheMoogly 09-03-2006 01:47 PM

ALLforSRt is right though about the crazy guy capable of doing some bad stuff to you... but you lucked out and got a stupid jerk that probably had no insurance!

custm93civic 09-03-2006 06:30 PM

Yah!!!! I don't think I was thinking to much nothing really crossed my mind allthough i wish i had some blue neon, strobe lights, and a loud car alarm then i would have looked like a cop (JK!!!) would never do that. But yah im just a teen lending a helping hand to others so they can get the stuff they deserve. I really didn't think about him being loaded.......guess i need to think about that if theres a next time.....you know before i get my car lit up with bullets. and jd4** ( i didn't think i could post your whole name) if that was you in the suv then i would have done like pete ( sorry had to use whole name ) said and blown you away and then called you in. And was that you in the suv?:eek: