HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/)
-   -   How VTEC Works (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/how-vtec-works-16429/)

AgentofDarkness 02-04-2006 12:01 AM

How VTEC Works

My friend messages me and asks me how does VTEC work. So i explain the whole VTEC deal to him. He told me he was talking to a guy at a Honda bike dealer. The guy is like when the car is under 5kRPM, then only 2 cylinders fire. When the car hits 5k, all four fire. I'm like wtf is that guy smoking. Are people getting dummer?

Cutt 02-04-2006 12:05 AM

RE: How VTEC Works

People really dont know sh!t these days do they.

Street Sniper 02-04-2006 12:06 AM

Are people getting dummer
Yes, people are getting dumber. (just pickin' with ya.)

But seriously, that just goes to show that people in general are full of bullcorn. They run their heads just to sound like they know what they are talking about. This kid at work told me he had a twin turbo Celica. After I started asking him about it and he obviously didnt' have it/know anything I told him, "Dude, seriously, you should make sure people are stupid before you say stuff like that."

AgentofDarkness 02-04-2006 12:08 AM

Spelling was never my strong spot. This VTEC guy is in sales of bikes, so i guess he doesn't know ****. There are so many ppl (especially teens) that talk loads of BS. I don't even know why they talk if they don't know ****, especially with me cause i got a rep of bieng kind of a car geek.

my_hidden_romance 02-04-2006 12:13 AM

im sorry but i didnt know if my car was dual over head cam.. or single cam.. im guessing dual?!.. since its vtec.... im not dumb.. i just never have learned engines.. im lucky i can do what i can.. my dad was supposed to help me learn things..and he never did.. then up and left... all i know is i enjoy the sound of my vtec kickin in..and pushing me to 115 on the interstate

Cutt 02-04-2006 12:13 AM

I like the kids that act like when vtec kicks in its a turbo at full boost lol.

AgentofDarkness 02-04-2006 12:14 AM

LOL, yea i've heard that before. This kid with an RSX (not type-s) said that VTEC is like boost.

sacicons 02-04-2006 12:15 AM

"Dude, seriously, you should make sure people are stupid before you say stuff like that."
Fantastic. if my sig wasnt getting too big, i would add this.:D

Cutt 02-04-2006 12:15 AM

Just cause it vtec doesn't mean its DOHC.

AgentofDarkness 02-04-2006 12:16 AM

If you got a D16 then its SOHC. But its one thing if you don't know anything about cars, there is nothing wrong with that. Not everyone has had the chance to learn. Its a totally different story when you don't know ****, but u still decide you should act like you know everything.