The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I was busted last night

Old 02-16-2006, 12:35 PM
HCF Member
Default I was busted last night

So last night I was on my way home from my girlfriends house, well I was stopped at a little store to buy a drink out in Bum **** Egypt. Well so as im pulling out of the parking lot I turn my neon lighting off on my car, so its turned off before I pull out onto the road. Well a state trooper sees me with the lighting so he flips a u-turn then follows me, well i dont think much of it becasue it was turned off before I got on the public road. So here I am going down the road doing about 55-60mph. So as I turn onto another road he flips on his lights so I pull over. He tells me he had me on the radar doing 85mph and the other reason he was pulling me over was for my "unlawful lighting" So he takes my license and registration and insurance and all that then he calls my parents and tells them that I was cruising along at 77mph with my neon lights "strobing" as he put it. So at this point he comes back and askes why I was going so fast in a 55mph speed zone. so I tell him my speedometer read 60. ( and yes I will admit that is still 5 mph over so i deserved a ticket for that) so anywaise I ask him about the lighting becase right after I got them installed I had taken my car to a family friend that is a state trooper and he said he could not find any law banning the neon lighting. So he said he doesnt see a problem with them. So I tell the state trooper that has me pulled over. And his reply is " well i dont know why trooper meyr told you that, that was not my interpretation of the statue." So I was like okay then so he goes back to the car and comes back in about 20 minuties and tells me that he is going to pass on me getting the speeding ticket but he is still going to give me a 93$ ticket for the lights, you know the neons that I turned off before I was on a public roadway. So everyone tell me what you think, should I just mail the money in or should I goto court and try to fight it? Either way im pretty mad I have a feeling he really didnt have me on radar because he told me i was doing 85 then he told my mother I was doing 77 and my speedo read 60 and he told my mother also that my speeding ticket was going to be 250$ and then the 93$ ticket for the lights that were not while I was on public roads.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Default RE: I was busted last night

that will be hard to fight... any way you have a dumpy connection on the switch? could of came on without you knowing.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:40 PM
HCF Member

Call up your DMV or talk to other cops about neons. THey are legal as anything here but blue is illegal. Also, they really dont enforce it anyway.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:42 PM

I have ran into my fair share of jerkoff cops over the years, and quite honestly if you were to try and fight it there is a damn good chance you would lose. It is your word against his, there was no witnesses. In this situation his word means more than yours.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

..how old are you sandrider? Just wondering, not too many cops will call mommy and daddy unless you're not of driving age.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:59 PM
HCF Member

Im 17 year old but its weird he told my mother I was doing 77 and he told me I was doing 85, Is he unable to get his story straight? An I mean the last cop I had talk to (the family friend, said that he had not seen anything wrong with them. And No there is not a bad connection on the the ligths, I made sure they had a nice and tight connection. Not to mention if they were on while I was driving down the road there bright enough I can tell. But I mean considering I was not on a public roadway with them turned on does it really make sense that he can do that?

Old 02-16-2006, 01:03 PM
HCF Member

I wouldn't try to argu the fact plenty of times i have tried that and the next time the trooper sees ya it will be twice as werse.like improper tires around here having rims and tires is a crime.anything that destracted another driver, if car is in motion ie neons is illegal.Seems like they would have a read out like a cab reciept date,time,speed that would process by the radar.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:03 PM

Does it make sense that he can do that? No. Is there anything to stop him from doing it? Nope. Welcome to being young in a modified car..It gets a lot worse.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:12 PM
HCF Member

He wouldnt show me the print-out of the radar but I know they do have them Becasue I talked to our school resident officer about it and he, said that he should have showed me the printout being that my speedometer was reading 60. I would have rather He just gave me the ticket, the judge that I will be seeing drops all speeding tickets for minors if its there first one providing they goto a traffic class, when all said and done the traffic class also lowers your insurance, or it did so with all my friends.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:16 PM

I would have rather He just gave me the ticket, the judge that I will be seeing drops all speeding tickets for minors if its there first one providing they goto a traffic class, when all said and done the traffic class also lowers your insurance, or it did so with all my friends.

This is actually called 'Deferred Judification'. It is where you plead guilty and have so many months to take defensive driving. You then have so many months to go without a speeding a ticket and the ticket is cleared. If you get a ticket in that timespan your ticket does infact go on your record. You can take this option once per year (or atleast here in Texas).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I was busted last night