The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

I dare any car-savvy women to read this and NOT be offended (Edmunds.com "guide for women")

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Default I dare any car-savvy women to read this and NOT be offended (Edmunds.com "guide for women")

Personally I think this is f*cking hilarious in too many ways to count, but I just want some other opinions on the matter. Start here:

http://www.edmunds.com/women/index.h....h...women.1.*

And browse through some of the sections. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like they are trying to reach out to women drivers, but then immediately turning around and punching you in the face with a big fat "women are idiots and don't know anything about cars, buying cars, negotiating, driving, or how to do independent research (which they never do) before buying a car" <== remember that's my take on the message they are conveying, not my personal opinions.

I'm no english major, but the entire thing seems ironic, satirical, and probably some other fancy words I can't think of offhand. I have a lot more thoughts on the matter, but I want to see what others think.

Old 11-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Default RE: I dare any car-savvy women to read this and NOT be offended (Edmunds.com "guide for women")

it does seem a little..... like saying girls are dumb...im sure there are plennnnty of guys out there that can learn somthing from those atricles.

Old 11-21-2005, 06:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I dare any car-savvy women to read this and NOT be offended (Edmunds.com "guide for women")

HA ha haaaa

Old 11-21-2005, 07:46 PM

Ok... well i'm a little offended... but what the hell do these people know. I have seen some of my guy friends be in such awh of a car that their brains get a little lost. Had an offer to work at a Honda dealership when I was buying my car.... cuz they needed a woman in the finance dept. to flirt with the male customers to basically screw them over....cuz with guys we all know it visual....lol

Old 11-21-2005, 08:23 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Without even reading any of the articles I can tell that it's going to be totally condescending but sooooo typical... and you know some marketing department poured $$$ into writing all this stuff

Old 11-22-2005, 12:41 AM

What gets me is that a lot of the actual information is good info, but saying it's "for women" is just dumb. They could have just as easily called it "Auto ABCs for noobs" and dropped all the female references, and it would've been fine.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:56 AM

hehe !