HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/)
-   -   I'm BROKE.. I have no money.. (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/im-broke-i-have-no-money-10857/)

Jas 09-29-2005 11:41 PM

I'm BROKE.. I have no money..

I'm literally broke.. and I seriously feel like I've hit rock bottom. I haven't really told any of my friends or family how broke I am.. but I think it's time for me to speak up before I really hurt myself.
I'm 19 and I attend college.
Although my school expenses are paid for..
I still have to pay for my duplex and other bills.
I pay 250 a month for rent..
but then u have to add on the utilities.
I have 100 dollars to my name.
tomorrow I'll have maybe 260..
On Saturday, rent is due.. I'll be lucky to maybe have 10 dollars.
My tank is basically on empty.. I dont know how I'm going to get to work..
and rent is just the first bill.
For the past month.. I basically haven't been eating.
I try to go as long as I can without eating until I get so hungry I have to eat off the dollar menu at McDonalds.
Sometimes, friends at school swipe their cards so I can eat at the dining hall..
but when I do eat there.. I basically binge eat.
I feel sick and weak all the time because I'm so stressed, not to mention, I'm trying to keep my grades up.
Neither my parents or my roommates know the severity of my brokeness..
I tried adding up my bills and the money that I'll have this month..
and I'm not going to make it.
I don't know what to do.
Everytime I talk to my mom.. she doesn't want to hear it.. she basically tells me to deal with it..
she claims she has no money..
I'm afraid to tell my other family members how bad my situation is..
but I've decided that tomorrow morning I've got to call my mom and other family members for help.
If it comes down to it.. I might even have to sell my car.

I purchased my civic late July after a mechanic caused over 2000 dollars of damage to my former Pontiac.
I paid 2700 dollars cash for my civic, and I love my car.. but if I have to.. I might have to sell it and try to find something even cheaper.

Sorry that I posted all this.. but I'm sitting in my room basically breaking down and I needed to vent somehow.

Jas 09-29-2005 11:52 PM

RE: I'm BROKE.. I have no money..

I dont want to sell my car.. I've just got to find a way to borrow some money from my family.

sacicons 09-30-2005 12:02 AM

where do you work?

Street Sniper 09-30-2005 12:05 AM

Post your payapl. I'll send you some lunch money.

Jas 09-30-2005 12:09 AM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

where do you work?
TJMaxx.
I get a lowsy $6.80 an hour.

I might have to just leave that job alone and take out a student loan for $1000.
That should get me by until I find a better job closer to where I live.

I guess I should add that my job is 30 miles away..
which is basically a complete waste.
I can't continue to keep this job making that kind of money.
The only reason I have the job, is because I work at Marshalls back in my hometown..
and when I came to college the closest place to transfer was TJMaxx.

fast93civic 09-30-2005 12:14 AM

Everytime I talk to my mom.. she doesn't want to hear it.. she basically tells me to deal with it..

What kind of a mom is she if she doesn't want to hear it? You're in college, you have to pay for everything, and you cant make ends meet, and she doesnt want to hear it!? Thats very cold, of her, doesnt sound like a good mom to me.

Definetily talk to your parents, tell them your exact situation and how you feel. Tell them every little bit, even if you are thinking about hurting yourself.

Jas 09-30-2005 12:19 AM

ORIGINAL: fast93civic

What kind of a mom is she if she doesn't want to hear it? You're in college, you have to pay for everything, and you cant make ends meet, and she doesnt want to hear it!? Thats very cold, of her, doesnt sound like a good mom to me.

Definetily talk to your parents, tell them your exact situation and how you feel. Tell them every little bit, even if you are thinking about hurting yourself.

im not intentially hurting myself.. but I'm not eating and I'm stressed..
its just not healthy.
I'm calling my mom first thing in the morning..
and I know all she's going to do is yell at me and complain about how she doesn't have any money and she cant help me.
I guess I could call my uncle and my aunts.. but I know they're going to be mad at me for the way I've been living for the past month..

But like I said.. I'm going to try to take out a student loan..
I dont have to pay them back til I graduate and I really need it.
and I'm going to quit that freakin job that pays me NOTHING.

Jas 09-30-2005 12:21 AM

and you know what's really funny..
between to the two of my parents.. they owe me hundreds of dollars as it is.
and all that I've gotten from them so far is $60 between the both of them.

I sleep on a freakin mattress with no sheets and 2 blankets.
I couldnt even afford to go to the grocery store if I wanted to..
This is just ridiculous.

sacicons 09-30-2005 12:28 AM

go to the nearest three stores to you and apply for a job. walk to work for a week or two, and youll start to catch up. dont quit your job till you have something else, it will just make things worse. also, try to talk to a manager about getting longer shifts so you get more hours at work for each commute you have to make. if theres a restauraunt near you, definately try to get a job there, then you can at least get some cheap or free food, and if you can get into a tipping job, you can at least get a little gas money each day. good luck man, let us know if theres anything we can do.

Jas 09-30-2005 12:35 AM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

go to the nearest three stores to you and apply for a job. walk to work for a week or two, and youll start to catch up. dont quit your job till you have something else, it will just make things worse. also, try to talk to a manager about getting longer shifts so you get more hours at work for each commute you have to make. if theres a restauraunt near you, definately try to get a job there, then you can at least get some cheap or free food, and if you can get into a tipping job, you can at least get a little gas money each day. good luck man, let us know if theres anything we can do.
The first thing I'm going to do tomorrow morning is talk to some financial advisor at student aid. I'm not going to quit my job, because I transfer back at my hometown when I'm not a school.. So, it wont be like I'm quitting per se. Also, my shifts are from 2-9:45 three days a week and 11-6:15 on Sunday. Those are the only hours I can work because of school.

After I talk to the financial aid people and talk to my mom, I'm going to talk to my manager at TJMaxx. My manager is very nice and understanding.. especially because she drives like 70 miles or more to get to work. Its not that I want to quit my job, because I love it and I love my co-workers.. but I can't afford to keep it making no money.. So, I'll do what you said, I'll make sure I have something else lined up before I actually stop working there.