HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/)
-   -   Just a little vent... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/just-little-vent-82831/)

N0safebetdx 05-12-2010 05:22 PM

Just a little vent...

Okay so on my way home from work today I'm driving and its pouring down raining..My temp gauge shoots up to wayyyy hot! Well I pull over steam everywhere Pop the hood and theres coolant EVERYWHERE!!! Im like WTF really? this is effing great FML. So I get to looking and I see this pin sized hole in the hose going to IACV just gushing coolant... it was in the most awkward place EVER!!! So I let it cool off i filled it back up with coolant just so I can get home....I was only 8 minutes from my house when this happened... Called my Bf's Friend and he was like bring it over we'll fix it so I duct taped that damn hole because I wasnt trying to stand in pouring down rain AGAIN already being soaking wet... I get there and he replaced the hose... didn't even let me help gosh...

This little situation really made me angry ONLY because It was pouring down rain and I got completely soaking wet...NO to those of you going to ask Im not posting pics because I didnt take any

I did however save that little bastard of a hose as a souvenir :)

I really wanted to punch my car in the face if it had one...

That is all.

justinwebb 05-12-2010 05:39 PM

cars will always break at the least opportune time, its a given lol. At least you noticed it before it overheated too much and then you would have been a LOT more pissed haha

N0safebetdx 05-12-2010 05:41 PM

yea tell me about it..I'm just glad it wasnt that bad bleh but still now im cold wet and hungry....
ugh!!!

94civichatchback 05-12-2010 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by N0safebetdx (Post 713413)

This little situation really made me angry ONLY because It was pouring down rain and I got completely soaking wet...NO to those of you going to ask Im not posting pics because I didnt take any

That is all.

damn it/ ill settle with you at home with a water hose.

oh and ive got a better situation, i was driving my 88 hatch doing 70 on the interstate and it was pooring ass rain and when i got off the off ramp i went to go make a left turn and my lower ball joint snapped, it ripped everything off my car and fubar'd the fender and ripped my cv axle out. so i get out the car and while im jacking the front end up off the ground a cop pulls up and says "are you ****ing stupid to change a tire in the middle of the road "" i blew some steam at him.... and he left. so i jacked the car up and put what was left of my lower ball joint back into socket and clamped it with some vice grips and pushed it home in the rain

justinwebb 05-12-2010 05:52 PM

i swapped transmissions in the rx7 on the side of the road in the middle of winter haha that was cold and not fun at all. Psh a little rain never hurt anyone :P

N0safebetdx 05-12-2010 05:53 PM

omfg I would have been pissed!!!!!!

but I knew you mitch my dear would have been the first to ask for pics!!!

Justin: better you then mee budd!

but im sugar and ill melt

94civichatchback 05-12-2010 05:56 PM

it was in my mind the whole time i was reading it lol, the i got to the bottom and read you wont post any pics and was like ...well......damn that sucked i just read all that and no pics

DaOne 05-12-2010 05:57 PM

Your still wet? o.O
lol
Yeah that sucks.. happend to me wit my dads explorer...i was parking at my schools parking lot when it happened, and it looked like the truck was on fire lol there was steam everywhere. one of the radiator hoses got a hole and was spraying on the engine. haha it was great!

yeah at least it didnt overheat that much!

N0safebetdx 05-12-2010 05:57 PM

LMAOOO! While I was writing "Iwas all wet" I was thinking watch Mitch ask for pics..I better put I'm not posting pics..

Today was a horrible day :/

1. I found out my uncle is dying of throat cancer
2. He has a daughter hes never met
3. this crap happened
4. My dad started drinking again grrr

N0safebetdx 05-12-2010 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by DaOne (Post 713439)
Your still wet? o.O
lol
Yeah that sucks.. happend to me wit my dads explorer...i was parking at my schools parking lot when it happened, and it looked like the truck was on fire lol there was steam everywhere. one of the radiator hoses got a hole and was spraying on the engine. haha it was great!

yeah at least it didnt overheat that much!

Yepppp Im still wet!