The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

any1 set off fireworks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Default any1 set off fireworks?

hey since the 4th is coming up i was wondering if any1 is into fireworks at all, heres a link to my collection spent 250 and got the buy one, get the same item for .99 cent deal, so i got like 700 or so, with freebies in fireworks...

http://www.fireworks.com/contest/vie...?ID=539&page=2

Old 06-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Default RE: any1 set off fireworks?

Weak. Here's what me and some friends are blowing up, this weekend.

Old 06-27-2005, 04:54 PM

^ sweet
wish i had the $$ for that much stuff. but the neighbors dont like it when i do that stuff so i dont need the cops showing up. got lucky they let it slide on new years but not gonna push my luck

Old 06-27-2005, 04:57 PM

Dang se7!!

Califonria SUCKS!!!!!

Send me some of those good ones pleaseeee!!!

Old 06-27-2005, 06:00 PM

Hehehe, talk about weak? Little old Moon Travellers? I bought a few hundred pounds of Military Grade C4.

Old 06-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

ORIGNAL BY: se7ensectoolate

Weak. Here's what me and some friends are blowing up, this weekend.
why do you always have to be a jerk to someone just when you think you can top what their posting about? Why could you have just said "nice collection dude but check out what I got!" You dont always have to be an a$$hole to ppl just cuz you think you got something better then them.

Old 06-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Administrator

actually these are all weak. i dont know if anyone has heard of zambelli international, but it is one of the largest pyrotechnic production companies in the world...they do a great many of the bigger fireworks shows every 4th...i know that within the last few years, they did STL...anyway...until i graduated from college, i was a site director for Zambelli, and i helped setup, and set off some big shows...until a newbie loader loaded a shell wrong in a tube...did you know that when a 8 inch salute goes off at ground level, it creastes a flash pattern in the grass, similar to a bomb? and when youre in that flash area (roughly 70 square feet per square inch at full travel, so about 100 feet at ground level) it burns every bit of exposing skin in the blink of an eye? when an 8 inch salute detonates at the show, and you feel it shake you a bit, youre about 550-600 feet below it, give or take for wind and such...so when youre 10 inches from the..the sound bruises ribs...and causes severe internal damage. i did shows for about 5 years...and i dont miss it one bit. and once youve gotten to tinker with a shell that weighs 40 pounds and travels just shy of a quarter mile faster than just about any car in the world, then will set off car alarms for miles....those little lady fingers arent any fun anymore..

unfortunately, when i stopped doing shows, i let my license to posess explosives in the state of PA expire.

Old 06-27-2005, 07:56 PM
HCF Member

So what happened to the dude? Where you close enough to get hurt?

Old 06-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Administrator

the shell was on my left side..it was a handfire show...so you are physically lighting each shells, or sometimes in groups, unless it is the opening of closing run which are al linked together...i followed precedure perfectly...removed the fuse guard, lit the leader (which is about 4 feet long, and takes about 1.5 seconds to detonate the shell, unlike the new slow firecrackers)....i knew instantly that something was wrong, and i started to turn away..i got about a foot from the tube, and the shell detonated about a foot about the tube...as i had turned my head, the flash burned all of the hair off of the left side of my face,..my goatee was on fire...it burned my left eyebrow and eyelashes...it partially melted my left contact in my eye..burned the hair off of my left arm...and the skin appeared to have been very very badly sunburnt...with blistering in some places...i had a concussion, bruised ribs, and some moderate internal brusing...i crapped blood for a bit, but the damage eventually healed...but i was closely monitored by doctors...when the accident happened..the on site firemen sprayed me with an extinguisher..(rookie who paniced)...and they called for a lifeflight helicopter, which was called off, and an ambulance came instead...i was treated...the bigger concern when it happened, it was about 15 minutes into a large 4th of july show, and it was nestled among a bunch of other shells...it threw me into another rack of shells,a nd lucikly none of the others went off, but the tube that the shell in question came out of was destroyed, as was the large mounting eack that it was mounted in...from the 2 by 4 on the rack, i had splinters that went through my clothes...and my shirt and pants had burnmarks on them...i felt like i had been in a ahrd car accident for days...it sucked..hardcore.

Old 06-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

but some moon travelers are suppose to impress us?????

Great story Patrick, glad to hear you didnt get any life long injuries or even die.

Quick Reply: any1 set off fireworks?