The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.
View Poll Results: What to do about the tegs?
Keep both, gut DA because racecar
50.00%
Be patient (and poor), fix one, then the other
0%
Sell DA and track down a new project, something japanese and no newer than 1987
33.33%
Stop bitching and get a life, internet forums are for sissy girls
16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

MBrent's too many Hondas dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 04:17 PM
July 2010 ROTM
Default MBrent's too many Hondas dilemma

I have too much cash going out on Honda projects (97 Integra sedan, 91 Integra coupe). I love both my cars, but the sedan is newer and way more practical. Most of you know that a DA has been on my mind for quite some time. Its got some issues, but by no means is it a lost cause. So, im torn btwn selling the DA (to get another ae86, what a mistake letting it go), keeping both (and more than likely never finishing either one), or having some real fun and gutting out the beautiful special edition interior in the DA and starting a serious suspension build. I mean cage, subframe connectors, full bodied coilovers, you name it. My DC is almost to my liking, just gotta install one last mount (the rear, ugh), the ecu and conversion harness, wire up vtec, paint and body. All that should be done by April. Well, my mind changes with the wind. I need to either move on to a new project, or do something drastic and exciting with my DA. My first true engine swap. The empty shell I breathed life into. So quit being douchebags and help me decide.

Vote. Tell me why you voted for the option you voted for. Do it now!

Old 01-16-2012, 05:46 PM
HCF Member

I voted to keep both and use the Da for a racecar.

Keeping the Dc as a reliable car nothing to fancy, like roto rims, springs struts ect, you know just for cruising.

And take the Da just for racing, and just dump the best parts into it.

Thats my 2cents.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:55 PM

But the DA has a beautiful special interior? Don't gut that. If you wanna hack it up, sell it to someone who will keep it clean and find a DA that has a crap interior that you won't mind tearing out.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by MBrent
So quit being douchebags and help me decide.
Quit being an asshat and do what you want.

I voted "Sell DA and track down a new project, something japanese and no newer than 1987" for the sole reason of me not being a fan of DA's that much.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:55 AM
Cat Fuсker

you're a sour vаginа on an internet forum... that's what I voted for.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Chubby Chaser

^ what he said LOL

i want to buy that DA From ya but im a poor *** right now and cant afford 2k. i was gonna grab an EG coupe EX Black on Black for $1000 OBO yesterday but the kid owed $900 on the title (he pawned it and never paid on it) so i said the hell with it. the engine was shot and the trans grinded in 3rd, and needed a driver A Arm.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM
July 2010 ROTM

$1800 and its yours mitch, minus the rims of course. I can come up with some steelies. I wish I had all.the time and monies needed to make it awesome, but the truth is I don't. Its a shame.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:06 AM
HCF Member

I voted for "Sell DA and track down a new project, something japanese and no newer than 1987" because I've got a raging boner for 70's fairlady Z cars. DO EET so I can live vicariously through you, via an internet forum (god, my life is sad)

Old 01-31-2012, 09:38 AM
July 2010 ROTM

I'm still looking for something incredible. Nothing has turned up. If the da never sells, no biggie. If it does.... ae86 again, or z car. I ordered a new heater core for it, so I guess I'm pulling the dash this wknd. Phukkkkkkkkkk

Old 01-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Chubby Chaser

im looking around for another ride but i only have 1k Max to spend if you come across anything holler at me.

Quick Reply: MBrent's too many Hondas dilemma