The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to me :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 05:57 PM
HCF Member
Default Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to me :(

well i hope everyone here had a happy new year and a good christmas(or whatever holiday you celebrate)... as for me, on boxing day, my alternator went kaputz. i was driving back to my house back home, and hit a slushy spot, and then the battery light acme on and all lights went dim. well that cost me $117CAD to get the alternator rebuilt, so that wasnt too bad. Then Yesterday when i was on my way back to Fredericton N.B. i got an exhaust leak, when i realized it was there it was pretty loud. then today the pipe broke in half and the catalitic converter is just hanging there, and it is going to cost $190CAD for JUST the pipe [:@]. so that is getting fixed tomorrow. but the reason that this sucks so much, is that i havent worked in two weeks, cause my job is outbound calling and we weren't calling so we weren't working. so i have $300 right now to pay for my pipe, rent, and bills[:'(]...... dang blasted. oh well **** happens. and lucky for me my girlfriend is helping me with them bills.

Sorry about teh rant people. but i felt like venting.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Default RE: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to me :(

think of it this way. you have a whole year to make it rite!

Old 01-03-2006, 06:53 PM
HCF Member

note to self. this year, make the car run beautifully. and hopefully get new tranny so i wont have a slushbox auto

Old 01-03-2006, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

Jeez man, sorry to hear about all that.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

Since your ranting, i might as well join in on the fun. So in autoshop today there was a truck (thats been in class for 3 weeks) that my class has to fix. I already hate the truck cause there is always something wrong with it. The job of the day was to finish fixing the oil leak and fix the dash lights. The dash lights needed a new switch. So there is a collar thing that holds the switch in place, i thought you are suppose to pry it out. I was wrong. I pried it out with a screwdriver and broke it. I was suppose to screw the collar out. I tell my teacher and he tells me to bring another one tommorow. I'm like crap now i gotta goto the chevy dealer and buy another one. Man was i wrong. I goto the Chevy dealership and the guy tells me that the part is discontinued, goto the junkyard and try to get another one. I'm liek crap now i gotta go the the junkyard. I goto the junkyard 10 min before it closes. The guy is like "we have the car but we are about to close so come back tommorow". I told him i need the part he tells me come back tommorow. I'm like crap now im really screwed. And its gonna cost me $25 for this collar b/c the guy is selling the collar with the switch (i have a brand new switch fron NAPA). On top of that, i found another problem on the truck (they don't stop it seems). The gas doesn't work right, the teacher told me i gotta check it for a short. THe only good thing is that the oil leak seems to be fixed after the pan was welded twice. I just had to vent there. But it looks like Fiirkan has had the worse day.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

dam you guys had ruff days, i hate when something happens with my car and you dont have the money..this is not really bad, but a little rant for me is i wanna get rims and a bunch of other things for the spring time and i have $500 to pay on my car left so i wanna get that done first, but i was looking at how much money i make a month and i no that im not going to have enoph for some of my plans because the rims will take me a couple of months to save up and by that time its gunna be like may and thats spring time, so i considerd getting all the other stuff and rolling on hubcaps again but NO i am not going to do that..i would rather have rims, and i want to get another job but college just started and i no im going to get a dump of work so im kinda upset about this money thing, dam i wish i was rich

Old 01-03-2006, 09:11 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mill$civic
dam i wish i was rich
Don't we all? But i need to find a job also, my friend mite get me one at his dad's cell phone place but it only pays 6.50, but its better than nothing so ill work there if i don't find anything better.

Old 01-04-2006, 03:35 PM
HCF Member

well the car is all fixed now and the total for the intermidiat pipe came to $320.88CAD, so needles to say it sucked hard. cause i only had 300 so i still owe them money. it would have been better if i was at home when this happened[:@], but oh well **** happens, and it is all good now