HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/)
-   -   Most hated work out / exercise... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/most-hated-work-out-exercise-37721/)

jake11375 02-08-2007 04:25 PM

Most hated work out / exercise...

I've been going up and down the stairs at work today and it reminded me of the days back in High school how much I hated running up and down the bleachers training for track, basketball etc. Bleachers and suicides were mymost hated exercises. My junior year, I tripped while running bleachers and cut a huge gash in my shin all the way to the bone. [:@]14 stitches and no school fora week. And suicides were just... well they weresuicide... :D

So, those of you still in high school andthosewithhighschoolbehind you.... What is/was your most dreaded exercise?

Fiirkan 02-08-2007 04:30 PM

RE: Most hated work out / exercise...

Running.... i hate it, you could make me do any other exercise and i could care less, but you want me to run or jog for a long period of time and you may as well kill me. i near dies on the 2k run we had to do in highschool every monday

Remmy 02-08-2007 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

Running.... i hate it, you could make me do any other exercise and i could care less, but you want me to run or jog for a long period of time and you may as well kill me. i near dies on the 2k run we had to do in highschool every monday

amen.

No_iD 02-08-2007 05:18 PM

...any exercise...although I enjoy snowboarding, which to some could be a type of exercise

AgentofDarkness 02-08-2007 05:25 PM

Running, i hate it with a passion. No gym class in college though.

Eun 02-08-2007 05:26 PM

suicide. CRap.
Do it in basketball everyday

TheMoogly 02-08-2007 05:31 PM

The game is like tennis but with really soft balls... I was so much bigger than the other kids in my school that I couldnt move as fast and I could never beat anyone... however, I did rule the school in dodgeball... Japanese love their dodgeball

Belmont 02-08-2007 05:32 PM

Squats... Our football coach is huge on squats and I have faked so many knee injuries to get out of them.

jake11375 02-08-2007 05:43 PM

^^ Werd, I have to add yetanother after reading that. I absolutely HATED squats!

johnny 02-08-2007 05:53 PM

Pushups killed me first year of gym class. Could barely do 3. Now i can do em easier. Still my nemisis. Cause im a bigger guy

mugen1 02-08-2007 06:31 PM

what are suicides? I was a swimmer... i hated swimming when the water was freezing and swimming 500s, i rember i had a coach that made us do wheel barrows up and down the football feild bleachers

Peg_Leg 02-08-2007 06:39 PM

squats and running i absolutely hate it [:@]

jake11375 02-08-2007 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: mugen1
what are suicides?
On a basketball court or football field. (football) Run from goal line,to the 5 yard line reach down and touch the line, go back to the goal line and proceed to the 10, 15-100back and forth up the entire field. (basketball) same thing using the baseline, free throw, half court etc.Hence you have "suicide". :D

Peg_Leg 02-08-2007 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: jake11375

what are suicides?
On a basketball court or football field. (football) Run from goal line,to the 5 yard line reach down and touch the line, go back to the goal line and proceed to the 10, 15-100back and forth up the entire field. (basketball) same thing using the baseline, free throw, half court etc.Hence you have "suicide". :D
oh i remember them now yuck yuck yuck [:'(][:'(][:'(]

FlipHKD720 02-08-2007 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: jake11375

what are suicides?
around here those are called Pro Sprints, or just Pros. Yeah, those are bad, but i would rather do those than long distance runnign. Cant stand that sh*t! Sprinting isnt too bad, really anything with long distance running i hate. Pushups i hate, but i do 50 a day, so i'm getting used to them.

And i hate the whole football/jock "WOO!!! YEAH! GET SOME! FOOTBALL!!! BEER! F*CK YEAH TOUCHDOWN!!!" mentality. Like honestly, i hate that probably more than anything in the world. haha chill out you guys, relax a little bit, you're gonna have a heart attack. Thats why i played football for a year and quit, people say when coaches call you women and that you are pussies it makes you mad and makes you try harder. Not with me, it makes me want to take the pads off, grab my skateboard and go do some tre flips down Washington Street :D

frelly 02-08-2007 07:45 PM

i liked every sport/ exercise. sure its painful and its hard but what you are getting out of it makes it feel good, because your pushing yourself to your max...
what bugs me is lazyness and people who dont push themselves physically because "its hard"

BrianT 02-08-2007 08:07 PM

i hated suicides too. i remember one time in basketball practice we ran them so much that i ended up throwing up. i was really embarassing.

ic892003 02-08-2007 08:18 PM

i hate running..... i have to take the police test soon and run 1.5 miles and i dont know if i can do it

FlipHKD720 02-08-2007 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: ic892003

i hate running..... i have to take the police test soon and run 1.5 miles and i dont know if i can do it
police test?

jhsplaya08 02-08-2007 08:39 PM

im a junior and baseball has started so now i hate running poles ( foul pole to foul pole ) and i have athletics as a class too so we workout and run in there too. we do hills and they suck. run up this huge hill. as far as working out goes, i like working out, infact just got done with an arm workout ( yes, even after baseball practice which ended at 7 ) but i do HATE dead lift.

windcalmer 02-08-2007 08:45 PM

I alway hated getting shins beat on for Muay Thai training. That hurt like hell for the first year. Now I cant feel a thing on them. But damn it use to hurt.

Pete 02-08-2007 08:57 PM

I love to work out. Granted I have a few non favorites, but if its THAT hard then youre getting that much stronger, so thats my motivation. I hate going to the gym, but once I get in there, I do work.

jhsplaya08 02-08-2007 09:49 PM

i hear ya pete. i love to workout now too. think of the benefits, better health, better body, just overall in shape. im 17 years old and im at the point in my life where i want my body to be something. i am one of the smallest on my football team but i am 2nd string and play a lot. i weigh 130 lbs and am 5'7. i just like being stronger than some of my teammates that are much bigger than me.

ScoobyAddict14 02-08-2007 10:19 PM

i am trying to think of what i hate doing the most and i love working out. i love the intensity and seeing how much i can actually do week in and week out. i love working on my speed and getting quicker by running and what not. i would probably have to say wall sits are the worst.

TIcivic00 02-08-2007 10:46 PM

I hate doing stairs I had to do them for football everyday. Hated them!

Partizan 02-08-2007 11:37 PM

Lets see...

I really hate running, unless its a sprint, I really enjoy that.

As far as weight lifting, I hate doing squats and shoulder press

WhiteRabbit1021 02-09-2007 12:51 AM

Hockey suicides...

First red line, back to goal line, blue line, back to goal line, second red line, back to goal line, far goal line, back to goal line, 10 pushups, repeat...

If you've never played hockey, you don't know what training is.

andryuha 02-09-2007 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

Same here - I dispise running. When I played soccer back in the day, we had to run 2+ miles like 3 times a week. It totally kills. What's worse is that it was just the beginning of a practice. I also used to wrestle and wrestling had the hardest practices by far. We had to run 1 mile in the gym and do 10 pull ups every other lap. Of course, after a while you can't even do 1. That was also just the beginning bit of a practice.

FlipHKD720 02-09-2007 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: andryuha
I also used to wrestle and wrestling had the hardest practices by far. We had to run 1 mile in the gym and do 10 pull ups every other lap

i agree, the wrestleres practice around here is out of control. The coach is sooo intense, and they have straight conidtioning days like every otehr day. i bet hockey is pretty bad too like Rabbit said though

ProjectGSR 02-09-2007 09:40 AM

comon working out is FUN, running is FUN! But there are some that I like less then others because if you do them wrong you may screw yourself up for a long time. Mostly back stuff, "Good Mornings" come to mind, "Dead Lifts" also.

the_turtle 02-09-2007 10:42 AM

We run 15 minutes on the bottom story of our school, up 21 stairs across the top floor then down 21 stairs....it kinda sux, mostley cuz i run in my wrestling shoes...which have no support....I hate these weird things that we started doing yesterday...4 people and 4 45lbs weights, you have to use team work and hold them all up in a circle, your mostly holding on to them with your fingers because theres nothing to grip...they suck, we hold them there for 3 minutes then 2 then 1 then 30 seconds (45 isnt much, but its 2/5ths my weight the hardest part isholding on tobasically nothing while holding them up.)....i dont really mind runnings...i really enjoy sprints.... 6 inch leg lifts...now those SUCK!