The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Nissan Motor Company

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 09:39 PM
HCF Member
Default Nissan Motor Company

I dont know if u guys have noticed but Nissan has improved and changed a lot. Their whole entire line of cars all got the bold style going. Plus they added the new full size Nissan Titan that come with 305hp V8 standard. They also redesign the frontier, pathfinder and xterra.

I remeber Nissan use to make ugly plain car such as the 98 Altima but now that has all changed. The only problem is i heard that the quality kinda sux cuz Nissan spent most of the money on interior and exterior designing rather than quality. Plus they use the same 3.6liter engine in several of their cars.

Check the cars at www.nissanusa.com

Old 11-13-2004, 09:56 PM
Default RE: Nissan Motor Company

Thats where the civic comes in...

Old 11-14-2004, 12:37 AM
HCF Member

yeah, chevy actually beat out nissan for initial quality. it the first time in a long time that one of the big three japanese auto makers has been knocked out by a yankee company.

Old 11-14-2004, 12:47 AM

ORIGINAL: HondaCivica
Plus they use the same 3.6liter engine in several of their cars.

Check the cars at www.nissanusa.com
YOu mean... like... GM?

Same supercharged 3.8 in hte GTP, Monte Carlo SS, Buick Regal GS and Impala SS?

[&:]

Old 11-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 11-14-2004, 01:59 PM

wow. That's unbelieveble! I'd still never get an american car. They don't even make anything good besides the viper. I know, they are really proud of the srt-4, but I want to see waht they will say, when things start breaking on that car. For the price of that, I'd rather get an evo, s2000, or 350Z (don't like WRXs much).

Old 11-14-2004, 02:03 PM
HCF Member

to be fair, the srt-4 is 10k less than those others. but yeah, the engine on that thing is sweet. but the chassis sucks. the handling is crap compared to its competition. as for the viper. how cool is a car if its like 80k+ (i dont really know the price im just guessing, cause i dont care) and it has 1960s technology in the engine. its a single in-block cam with 2 valves per cylinder. my stock dx motor was more advanced than that thing.

Old 11-14-2004, 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: andryuha

wow. That's unbelieveble! I'd still never get an american car. They don't even make anything good besides the viper. I know, they are really proud of the srt-4, but I want to see waht they will say, when things start breaking on that car. For the price of that, I'd rather get an evo, s2000, or 350Z (don't like WRXs much).
I'm really getting sick of people like this who instantly go back to the "lets see what starts breaking" You don't have any idea the amount of engineering that went into putting that motor together do you? NO?? *gasp* then why do people constantly talk about it like they do?

The car has been out for well over a year and I rarely hear of just off the wall problems. The motor is a parts bin motor specially built up for the amount of boost you can throw at it.

I've personally seen only one SRT blow up. After a guy threw on a Boost controller, jacked it up to 23 or so PSI, 8 MONTHS LATER. He finally blew a rod. Lets see you turbo a Civic motor, throw that kind of boost on it and have it last more than 5 minutes.

For the price? Comon, do you know much about the sport compact scene? The EVO bases at 28 grand, The S2000 bases at 32 grand, the 350Z at 30 depending on normal, track or touring edition.

Besides that all three of those cars you mentioned are in a different market aimed at a different group of enthusiasts.

S2000 and 350 aimed at the track minded that want something RWD with a 6 speed, and the EVO is for someone who wants to tag down the 1/4 with 5000 rpm launches only so they can do donuts in the snow in an empty parking lot later than evening.

Old 11-14-2004, 08:45 PM

im suprised to hear that a japanese company is on top to. guess you cant be on top all the time. i still perfer imports though.