The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

PS3 pushed back to November!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 12:39 PM
HCF Member
Default PS3 pushed back to November!!

well.. personally I kinda figured this would happen. I heard it on the news this morning. Something to do with finalizing some of the hardware thats going into it. I figured it would happen b/c a spring release WONT sell as good as a winter (b-4 Christmas) release.... anyone else planning on getting one? I'm kind of a video game freak...

Old 03-16-2006, 12:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: PS3 pushed back to November!!

ive been waiting for it to come out.....im a big playstation fan although i do like the xbox. sux though as i already have 500 saved towards it.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:41 PM
HCF Member

well you def wont need that much. its gonna be priced about the same as the 360. Plus itll have blu-ray technology (the Japan execs are REALLY pushing this stuff..... they think its the "next big thing"....

Old 03-16-2006, 02:27 PM
HCF Member

iv always liked PS, but xbox is nice too. since the only video game i play most of the time is halo. im used to xbox, but ps3 is going to pwn the 360 like no other.

and blu-ray is the next big thing. its going to replace dvd's like dvds replaced VHS. DVD's can only hold 575 line of rez, not amazing quality by any means, not matter WHAT tv you have. normal tv, you only got 300 lor, so you cant get full dvd quality. and a HD tv. you have 1100 lor, so your then getting ripped on quality when u get a dvd. with Blu-ray, (which will be priced the same as a dvd), people with HD tv's can have a better experience.

Old 03-16-2006, 03:52 PM
HCF Member

My brother is not so happy about PS3 bieng pushed back. He was hoping to get a PS3 with a modchip from india when we go in July.

Old 03-16-2006, 04:29 PM
HCF Member

meh im more of an Xbox guy myself, but i really was looking foreward to the PS3 coming out.

Old 03-16-2006, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

i heard about the push back a while ago. but i dont know if im going to get one or not. and i heard that they were going to be around $700

Old 03-16-2006, 05:49 PM
HCF Member

I am getting one. I will trading in the 360. I never was a xbox fan. I always played playstation. The 360 is just a hold over thing for me.

Old 03-16-2006, 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Honda_man

well you def wont need that much. its gonna be priced about the same as the 360. Plus itll have blu-ray technology (the Japan execs are REALLY pushing this stuff..... they think its the "next big thing"....
No, it will not be priced about the same as the 360, they've already announced that their "base" price is $499.

and blu-ray is the next big thing. its going to replace dvd's like dvds replaced VHS. DVD's can only hold 575 line of rez, not amazing quality by any means, not matter WHAT tv you have. normal tv, you only got 300 lor, so you cant get full dvd quality. and a HD tv. you have 1100 lor, so your then getting ripped on quality when u get a dvd. with Blu-ray, (which will be priced the same as a dvd), people with HD tv's can have a better experience.
Blu-Ray will NOT be priced the same as the DVD, Blu-Ray discs are already available, and at wholesale price, Terminator 3 is $25. So a 2 year old movie at a wholesale price is still more than a new release DVD. By the way, did you forget about HD-DVD? Microsoft and Toshiba will not let their baby be trounced on easily....

Old 03-16-2006, 06:42 PM
HCF Member

new release dvd arnt 20$. idk whre u shop at. and im sorry, i ment roughly the same price....

alright, if you want to get really technical , most hd tvs cant even make it to 1100 lines of rez, they top out at about 800. the hd dvd only make it to about 900 really, blu-ray is still gonna shut it up.

Quick Reply: PS3 pushed back to November!!